Is Your TouchID Better After 7.0.3?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Velin, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Velin macrumors 65816

Velin

My TouchID has been working pretty good since purchase. But after 7.0.3, TouchID has def. been quicker -- and thus far, flawless, not a single read error. Before I'd get an occasional read error.

Maybe it's too early to tell; perhaps it's just a statistical anomaly. Anyone noticing anything similar?

I wonder if the reduced animations, along with reducing motion in the iOS settings, has anything to do with it.

2. redlinux macrumors regular

redlinux

Same..nothing improved nor degraded. The iMessage is behaving more stable though.

3. Merkyworks macrumors 6502

its much faster from lock screen to homepage now but thats about it. I never had any issues before however.

4. sjperformance macrumors 6502

after the update seems better...but this is what I did. I deleted both of my fingers that I have set up with ( left+right thumb) I just re-did the whole process. Now after doing this along with iOS 7.0.3 seems better and much faster.

5. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

6. Appl3FTW, Oct 23, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2013

Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

7. dominic252 macrumors member

Yeah it seemed a little faster to me, too. I always try and use a weird angle with my finger just to see what it'll pick up and it seemed to read it better

8. EvilQueen macrumors 6502

Still doesn't work worth crap for the husband.

9. richard371 macrumors 68000

For people with this issue does it follow you or the phone? I.E has anyone replaced the phone and still have the issue or had someone try your phone where they don't have the issue? I wonder is something is changing enough with the individual where the sensor can no longer recognize the prints and the fix is to re add them where they will continue to only work for a few days. I can't imagine the recorded data degrades in the phone. I think it's more of an organic issue with certain peoples skin etc.

10. KPOM macrumors G5

It's been hit or miss for me the past few days after working great the first 3 weeks I had the 5s. Yesterday it wouldn't work at all, before or after 7.0.3. I couldn't even register new fingerprints (I noticed 7.0.3 changed the "fail" message). Today it seems to be OK again.

11. BD1 macrumors 6502

After turning on "Reduce Motion". It turns on and get's to home screen very fast now. Almost instantaneously.

I liked the animations but touch id and everything else seems so much faster with animations off.

12. Gincoma macrumors 6502

The touch ID works the same but after the update the homescreen pops up faster and flawlessly. Its well executed!

13. redlinux macrumors regular

redlinux

To those people having difficulty with Touch ID, either you set up a bad Fingerprint profile or your fingerprint is just that difficult to scan.

14. AAPLinc macrumors 65816

It was perfect before and its perfect now. I do love the fade in animation with the unlock though, looks so seamless.

15. darkfiber macrumors 6502a

darkfiber

It worked great before since 7.0 and still does after 7.0.3.

16. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

Same here.

17. Dave Felix macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

probably the reduced motion.. I haven't been able to use my touch ID to make App store purchases though.

18. Seniordan macrumors regular

When I first got my phone it worked pretty well, but as time went on, it got worse and worse. A couple days ago I completely reset my phone, set up touch id again, etc.. and it worked AWESOME for a day or so. It was extremely responsive, and rarely didn't recognize my finger; now it's back to how it was before and rarely works.

Not sure what to do. Any ideas?

19. Mike07335i macrumors member

Same thing with me... I just had my phone swapped at an Apple store and working great again. Was swapped pretty fast without much questions so I think this is not uncommon.

Mike

20. Bossyman macrumors member

touch id absolutely faster...and way more efficient (no "not read" problems)

...funny how on some phones it's faster and others see no diff...

21. Bako-MacAddict macrumors 68000

Bako-MacAddict

Same thought here. I turned it on too , it's blazing fast now overrall . Animations are good but not that great to jeopardize the performance. Not that there's was a problem before but it seems a lot faster with that feature on .

22. hallidc macrumors 6502

hallidc

I have the reduced motions on and it brings you to the home screen faster with TouchID.

As for read errors I haven't noticed anything different. Since owning my 5S I maybe stumbled upon 1-5 read errors, I rarely have any issues scanning in.

23. patseguin macrumors 65816

patseguin

I just bought my 5S last week and the touch ID has worked flawlessly even before the update. I tried different fingers and other people and only I can unlock it with the fingers I programmed. My question is, what if I get my arm amputated or something drastic? How do you restore your phone if you can't use touch ID anymore?

24. jtfish macrumors newbie

You can still use the passcode, but someone else may need to type it in for you :).