Is ZAGG capable of hiring COMPETANT employees/installers!?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by stcizzle, Jun 29, 2011.

1. stcizzle macrumors regular

I know a lot of people don't like the ZAGGs, but I like them for the back and sides of the iPhone 4 due to their strong durability and the extra grip it gives a naked iPhone; and I use a clear screen protector for the front cuz I don't appreciate diminished retina displays. But ANYWAYS, how frigging difficult can it be to clean a phone surface thoroughly, spray it with solution, properly align the protectors, and dry the thing!?!?!?

For some reason, the Zagg installers at the local mall in NH where I live cannot manage to put the sides on straight or anywhere near precisely without having the edges protrude off the side surfaces and eventually peel and get lint stuck to the exposed adhesive. They also somehow allow dirt or lint or fibers or some weird stuff from getting under the stupid thing.

They are good doing the backs. I'll give them that, but they should really practice more or something when it comes to the more difficult tasks. It's really pathetic.

It's also really saddening and aggravating because when these things are put on meticulously, as one should be capable of doing when working for a company like this, they really do look, feel, and protect magnificently.

But shoddy, dirty, crooked, and protruding installation no only makes this thing look horrible but it also peels and gets dirty immediately.

ZAGG, honestly....... How difficult can it be? If I were hung upside down, closed one eye, had freezing cold water thrown on me, used one hand only and forced and tortured to hold an android powered device in my free hand, I'd still do a much more accurate, precise and professional installation than these clowns perform. I guess it's a typical American company. Hire incompetent fools and pay them pennies while the execs get rich and punish and overcharge the consumer. I wonder why America is going down the tubes!?

Imbeciles...

No pictures needed. Believe me, they would be painful to view. Also, the only good thing about this ZAGG situation is you just have to learn which shifts the best installers work and have them redo the install as many times as it takes to get an acceptable result. I'm on attempt number 4...

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Apparently not as hard as doing this simple operation yourself, or spelling "competent" correctly.

3. stcizzle thread starter macrumors regular

Haha. Sorry, typo, I wrote that rant in 4 mins from my iPhone. The irony is unconscionably funny, though; misspelling competent in a rant describing incompetency. But....

"doing this simple operation yourself" - I was told that the Zagg kit they sell is not the same as the one done on site. Is this erroneous??? I'd much rather do it myself!!!

4. calvy macrumors 65816

Surprise surprise. Paying next to minimum wage for some college drop out to stand at a kiosk in the mall doesn't produce quality results.

Count me as someone who hates ZAGG products. But still I think I answered your question :)

5. ano0oj macrumors 6502

i gave up on invisible shield for iPhone4...had to get it replaced 3-4 times in less than 9 months. Going naked now and haven't looked back!

6. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

It doesn't diminish retina displays. :rolleyes:

7. Sixtafoua macrumors 6502

Sixtafoua

If you're so good at installing it, why don't you do it yourself?

8. techdude6693 macrumors 6502

Just do it yourself, its really easy, if you're careful.

Also Zagg sucks. Wrapsol and Bodyguardz are so much better. At least from my experience