ISIS kills Muslims in Baghdad

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by thewitt, Mar 25, 2016.

1. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

2. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

3. FieldingMellish Suspended

Ugh. It launched Apple's news app. I was wondering what gives until I realized it and shut it down. That's an app I keep in a folder with other Apple crapps.

4. thewitt thread starter macrumors 68020

thewitt

People need to understand that ISIS is not simply angry at westerners because of bad policies. ISIS sees all Muslims who don't support their views as the enemy as well.

5. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Indeed they do. They've even gone after their own from time to time, such their "executor" whom they executed for smoking. This inability to tolerate even the slightest deviation leads me to believe that, if left to their own devices, ISIS would eventually implode from the inside. Conversely I think that our actions are actually helping to keep them unified.

6. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Well, today Obama announced that he got the #2 man in that JV team called ISIS. That's proof Obama is a strategic genius, everything is working according to plan, and nothing needs revising. Just ignore what LTG Flynn says:

[​IMG]

7. thewitt thread starter macrumors 68020

thewitt

They don't need us to grow. Three options exist for those in opposition.

Conversion, subjugation, death

They will continue to grow through conversion, as the weak around them realize subjugation and death are not good options.

There is no peaceful coexistence in their doctrine.

As long as we allow them a stronghold, they will grow.

8. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Please, enough of this "conversion" ********! My great grand parents had to flee Eastern Europe because of that garbage.

9. thewitt thread starter macrumors 68020

thewitt

10. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

So what? Two wrongs don't make a right.

And honestly, how the hell do you start a thread about ISIS killing MUSLIMS and follow it up by telling MUSLIMS to denounce their faith?

11. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    ISIS are a bag of bastards. You'll find no argument to the contrary here.

The big concern is what we do with the people who now find themselves caught bouncing between the crazed jihadist who all want them dead in the east, and the increasing callous, intolerant view of their presence here in the west.

It has all the makings of an overboiling pot, ready to explode into a cluster**** of epic proportions at any moment.

12. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Sorry, now that I look at it again I realize that I probably misread your post. I've just heard too many ********* say that Muslims need to convert in order to live in Western society.

13. thewitt thread starter macrumors 68020

thewitt

Actually I find many here who defend ISIS, most by saying that ISIS are a direct result of recent western policies in the region - and that if we just all get along and leave them alone, that somehow things will get better.

Their goal - stated clearly and with no hyperbole - is a global caliphate won thru a world wide war. Ultimately leading to the apocalypse. Yes really, the End of Days.

We need to wake up and realize that these guys are not the "JV Team," and need to be eradicated.

14. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    It's far from being entirely our fault, and no, we sure as hell shouldn't leave them alone for very obvious reasons.

But we should recognize that we did play a part in their uprising. If we don't acknowledge this, we risk having it happen again.

15. thewitt thread starter macrumors 68020

thewitt

Clearly you are not paying attention.

Having lived in a Muslim country for 6 years, and having many Muslim friends, I'm not asking any of them to denounce their faith.

ISIS however, is a cancer on Islam, and all Muslims should be fighting it with everything they've got. They are just as likely to be killed, as conversion is not an option. ISIS sees them as apostates, which according to ISIS means they have already denounced the teachings of Islam through their moderated views.

They have no option other than death in the eyes of ISIS.

16. thewitt thread starter macrumors 68020

thewitt

No argument there

17. FieldingMellish Suspended

Even if that were so, ISIS needs to die.

18. stylinexpat macrumors 6502a

We must not forget that we injected this cancer into them by starting the war in Iraq and Libya. We then killed the leaders of the two countries which had these people under control. Yes there is a problem there now. Problem started after Iraq and Libyan wars. Our invasion based on false and manipulated evidence which was provided to us by our supposed ally in the middle east is what stared and lead to these problems in the middle east which have now spread outside of the middle east (unfortunately).

We did not see such acts of terrorism taking place when Saddam or Gaddafi were in power. Saddam would have people dragged in from their nuts and fed to the hungry alligators,rats,dogs,tigers or what ever other hungry animals he had waiting for them. Back then no one dared to launch any terrorist attacks in Baghdad or in Libya. After their leaders were removed from power a huge power vacuum was created and religious extremists came out of no where looking for control of Iraq and Libya. Those in Iraq also tried to expand into Syria.

Iraq and Libya are like zoos now with all the cages opened up. Zoo keepers were killed and cages were opened to where all the animals were released. Saddam and Gaddafi had many people locked up. All those bad guys which were locked up fled prison when war started.

19. hiddenmarkov macrumors 6502a

This is major issue here. Many, sadly including leadership, think taking out 1 or two here, even if high ranking, means the tide is turning. These organizations are based in military structure in some way. And flexible. These aren't people going oh no the boss is dead...guess we will sit here in the dark since no leadership to tell us to turn on the lights in the office.

Using terms we all know....if you take out the General...there is a full bird colonel to take the spot till another General steps in. Kill a major...captain steps up. Sergeant dies...Corporal takes over.

In WWII US forces won the battle of Okinawa. In that battle General Buckner died. His death do not have US forces go game over, man, game over. Someone took the lead and the US fought on. To not give the enemy the credit of this tenacity is folly. To underestimate your enemy is very dangerous. And, imo, the reason why we are here today.

Not saying I want it to happen but this is exactly why there is a well defined list of who takes over POTUS in case of death. POTUS dies we start at VP. VP dead...down to number 3. 3 dead...4. Now work that series to however long you want.

Maybe its me but smart leaders do one thing I think to show some intelligence (sick as it may be in the case of terror organizations). They do not micromanage. They disperse authority. The organization doesn't grind to a halt when the top person is not around for whatever reason. All know the mission, all know the job...you can at least do that part and unless its something that really really needs the top dog's say on the matter....get it done.

Our enemy has this. They send out that cell that cell leader who has their guidance and goals. Make it happen their directive . The amount of stuff they call back for is small. Top jihad uber leader is not calling them daily saying okay...by the numbers. Roll call...daily tasks, follow up on tasks. Its why he appointed cell leaders. They make command decisions. And foster a sub cell leader ideally if they are not around.

20. FieldingMellish Suspended

No wonder why posts are so long around here. Your post boils down to, "so what a top level man was killed. Someone else will take his place."

21. thewitt thread starter macrumors 68020

thewitt

We left a power vacuum in Iraq, with a fundamental misunderstanding of the Middle East that still permeates the west.

The tribes in the region have been killing each other for centuries, and when the region was carved Into near arbitrary countries, splitting historical tribal areas across three or more countries at times, the only thing that has kept them "under control" has been strong, brutal dictators.

Roll forward to the troop withdrawal. We left a power vacuum and ISIS came in as the biggest, baddest bully and filled it. Obama has no clue who or what they are, and as such has no way to combat them.

Many of you on this forum talk about the US and our imperialistic colonizing nature in the war for oil. You don't get why we value freedom and democracy and work to give people the right to choose. Of course we are too stupid to understand that places like Iraq and Syria are not going to be led by peaceful coalitions of Shiite and Sunni and Kurds happily sitting around a table singing kum-by-ah.

I sometimes wish we HAD colonized the countries we are accused of gong into for their resources. We could use those resources to actually pay for the high costs of those wars, rather than fund them from taxpayers back home. No, we are not taking ownership or control, but in our over-zealous bid to "free" the people to create their own destiny without being under the iron fist of a brutal dictator, we foolishly believe that's possible in nations where the people have known only centuries of tribal war and the biggest, baddest, meanest bully has always been in charge.

Today, ISIS is that bully.

If we allow the caliphate to grow, they will drive toward Armageddon in a way unlike any who have done before, because their ambition is not about wealth and personal power.

We don't get it yet, and if we don't get it soon, the next suicide bomber will be sitting on s suitcase nuke and not a chemistry experiment full of nails.