Islam making women great again.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Zombie Acorn, Dec 13, 2016.

1. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.was...b-police-have-now-arrested-her/?client=safari

The suppression of women and fighting inequality is typically a pretty high on the liberal playbook, unless Islam is involved.

2. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

Saudi Arabia is a country run by cavemen. What do you expect from it?

3. Zombie Acorn thread starter macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Actually just a concentrated group of Islamic faithfuls nothing to see there.

4. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

Just Hating on Muslims like our great cheeto nothing to see here.

5. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

So you have no problems with what happened? Figures

6. yaxomoxay macrumors 68020

yaxomoxay

seriously? he reported a horrible human rights violation and you mention Trump? awful.

7. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

So you're going to ignore the fact that Zombie is trying to suggest that Saudi Arabi's repressive policies are representative of all 1.6 billion Muslims in the world? Figures.

8. yaxomoxay macrumors 68020

yaxomoxay

ok, Trump is wrong.
    now discuss the repressive policy.

9. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

Not sure how many Muslims are in the Middle East and we had a few honor killings here in the US so you tell me how many does it represent

10. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

It's horrible. Between that and the terrorist funding, we should cut all ties. Agreed?

Of course I'll tell you right now who won't agree: Trump's Secretary of State.
    --- Post Merged, Dec 13, 2016 ---
    There are 3.3 million Muslims in the United States. So in those terms, not even one whole percentage.

11. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

Now add the ones in the Middle East who support that crap. Europe has issues as well . What percentage is acceptable?

12. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

Just the huge generalization of blaming all Muslims the usual here.

13. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

What percentage of gun owners going on violent rampages is acceptable?

14. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

Sweet deflection
    Thread is about S-A. But your apology/deflection is noted

15. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

No, I am making a point. Why do you believe its right to blame muslims as a whole the actions of a few radicals, but not gun owners as a whole for the actions of a few radicals?

16. Solomani macrumors 68040

Solomani

For genocides, I'd say 9% is acceptable.

17. garirry macrumors 68000

garirry

Can you name me one majoritarily muslim country that doesn't treat women like crap? Pretty ironic how the SJW liberal feminists are always supporting muslims and fighting against "islamophobia" when it is the religion that is probably the worst when it comes to treating women properly.

18. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

Is the thread about all Muslim or about S-A?

EDIT. TITLE does seem to imply all. And that is wrong
    Please elaborate

19. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

All lives matter so as good Americans we must accept them.

20. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Religion is not a cause so much as an excuse. Christians and Jews used to treat women just as crappy... frankly a lot of orthodox Jewish temples still do. Why women are still treated like crap in these middle eastern countries has to do with history, especially early 20th century history.

21. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

American gun owners > Muslims

Perhaps each should stay away from the other and live in their respective parts of this huge earth.

22. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

All of Zombie's word choices imply all. That is what I was telling you from the beginning.

23. garirry macrumors 68000

garirry

If that's the case, then clearly you should be able to explain how Jews (Israel) and Christians (Europe, NA, Australia) successfully abolished traditional practices in favour of a gender-equal world, while Muslims somehow have every single one of their countries be actually sexist towards women (and not the SJW sexist I mean).

24. impulse462 macrumors 68000

impulse462

literally no liberal supports this. give me an example of one who does? zombie acorn talking out of his ass again

25. A.Goldberg macrumors 68020

A.Goldberg

I know a lot of Muslim women and men in America.... they made up like 50% of PharmD class back in college.

While there are certainly Muslim countries with IMO horrible woman's rights, that doesn't necessarily represent the viewpoint of American Muslims. If the most important factor in their life was wanting society to abide by their religious laws, I don't think they'd be living in the US.

I can't think of any oppressive men or explicitly oppressed women (the women probably wouldn't be in school earning doctorates if they were). Some wear religious garb but do it by choice and take pride in it. Many girls who stated their family didn't care if they wore it or not. In my mind no different than if I chose to wear a yarmulke around or a Christian wearing a crucifix or one of those tacky bible quote shirts.

Denouncing Islamaphobia and supporting women's rights are not mutually exclusive concepts. Judaism in the most orthodox form is a very oppressive and gender-segregated religion, but you rarely ever hear anyone contesting it like Islam. I believe people can practice religion while also upholding contemporary civil rights.

People want Muslims to integrate with our society and accept our ideology of freedoms and rights. I think don't think that idea is wrong, but that can never happen if non-Muslims assume that all Muslims don't or can't respect the values we hold. While I'm sure extremely conservative Muslims do exist in the US, persuading them to integrate won't effectively occur if they're met with unwelcomeness.