Resolved Isle of Man TT 2016 (Tourist Trophy)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by The-Real-Deal82, Jun 4, 2016.

1. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

I'm not sure how popular if at all this would be on here as most of posters are American but I thought I'd put a thread on here.

I live and breathe road racing and this years TT is hotting up! Michael Dunlop the nephew of the great Joey Dunlop is looking lightning quick with Ian Hutchinson trading times. John McGuinness is looking to break Joeys all time record and plenty of new talent are looking to disrupt the big guys.

It's fast, it's dangerous and it's how motorsports used to be. There are not many pure forms of racing left on earth and if you haven't seen this then I recommend it.

Any TT fans on Mac Rumors?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. The-Real-Deal82 thread starter macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

3. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

That's a very cool picture. In 1970 my Dad owned a Kawasaki 500, 3 cylinder, at the time advertised as the fastest street bike, which I drove to school frequently. Although mostly I drove sanely, I did pull a few wheelys. I assume in this picture, the lead's cycles front wheel is off the ground based on an application of significant power, good as long as you maintain control. :)

4. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

It's a mixture of tons of power and hitting the many bumps on those roads at insane speeds.

5. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

After watching your video, front tire off the ground is not ideal. :D

6. The-Real-Deal82 thread starter macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

I would suggest watching yesterday Seniors TT. It's the most anticipated TT of the week and yesterday's race won by Michael Dunlop was an absolute corker! Sadly rider Andrew Soar was killed during the race and it did take the shine off things. The lap record was also broken at 133.96mph which is nearly 1 mph faster than last year.