Isn't the rMB actually going to last longer than the MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by unregbaron, Apr 7, 2015.

1. unregbaron macrumors regular

Conflicted about choosing between the Pro and new MB. I have an iMac for heavy stuff but need something very portable with a retina screen.

I was thinking the Pro is more sensible as it 2-3 years it will still be able to cope with new apps etc.

But also in 2-3 years the Pro will seem bulky and heavy, with outdated ports (I don't need 90% of them as it is today like SD, HDMI).

So even though it's less powerful I think I will still be using the MB in 2-3+ years happily for email, browsing, basic design stuff. Whereas the MBP will seem old.

At the end of the day I think the machine that will get used most is the one to get.

2. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

Yep

The best computer is the one you have with you!!!!

3. macguy360 macrumors 6502a

You sound like you know which one you want.
    Sentence 1: Winner rmb
    Sentence 2: Winner rmbp
    Sentence 3: Winner rmb
    Sentence 4: Winner rmb

Your leaning way more towards the rmb.

4. 556fmjoe macrumors 65816

Buy whichever one you want, but the MBP will not be "outdated" in 2-3 years, or even 5 years. That's just silly.

5. unregbaron thread starter macrumors regular

That's fair, I just mean in appearance, but I take your point, the MBP will still be a very capable machine.

6. newellj macrumors 601

I use both Windows and Mac and my current (in quotes) Windows notebook is a 2007 Dell XPS M1330 with a T9300, 4gb of RAM and a 1TB spinner (though 7.2k not 5.4k). It runs Windows 8.1 (actually runs better with 8.1 than it did with 7 or Vista) very nicely - quick, stable and light. If I had to go back to using it, the truth is that it would do most of what I need to get done without any hitches at all, leaving aside Mac-only software issues.