Israel launches massive military strike against Iranian targets in Syria

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by lowendlinux, May 10, 2018.

1. lowendlinux, May 10, 2018
    Last edited: May 10, 2018

lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...n-targets-in-syria/ar-AAx31tl?ocid=spartandhp

Looks like Israel finally feels free to give the Iranians some lumps..and the Iranians don't stand a chance

2. NT1440 macrumors G5

NT1440

Israel is hell bent on starting (and sucking us into) a war with Iran. This is absolutely insane.

Iran gets invaded, the last 17 years of the middle east will look like a cakewalk.

3. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

So Iran lobs a few missiles at a country and you want that country to sit on it's hands?

4. lowendlinux thread starter Contributor

lowendlinux

They don't need our help other than perhaps some top cover, there are few left that can militarily challenge Israel and they don't want any part in helping Iran

5. NT1440 macrumors G5

NT1440

...Israel attacked Iranian forces in Syria first. The Golan Heights are also not Israel's land as much as they pretend it is.

Order of attacks matter, Israel has been instigating **** for weeks with Iran. They want war, and they want the USA to do it for them.

6. Vanilla Ice macrumors 6502

Vanilla Ice

Just like France, Britain and the U.S. yet you want to call out Israel? Death to Iran. Does that boil your blood? Or do you want to find other ways to justify Iran, the state sponsor of terror.

7. NT1440 macrumors G5

NT1440

The US is a state sponsor of terror, as are the Saudis whom are the biggest on the planet. Who do you think is bankrolling Jaysh al-Islam in Syria? It's the Saudis and the USA.

Justify what of Iran? It's existence? Of course they have that right.

I called out Israel because they blatantly lied in their statement that this missile strike they're responding to was unprovoked, Israel literally attacked Iranian soldiers in Syria the day before.

My interest isn't in any type of "facts don't matter" patriotism or blind support of our "allies", I'm watching all the dominos for WWIII being stood up as the media cheerleads what is going to be a bloodbath in the coming years.

8. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

After Trump’s campaign where he repeatedly talked about their foreign wars, of course I am now waiting for him to declare war on Iran, got to support Israel and one of his few best buds in the world.

9. NT1440 macrumors G5

NT1440

He’s been usurped by the Neocons that he had installed around him. It’s remarkable how quickly the white nationalists gave way to the neocon establishment’s foreign policy.

10. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

Plus we have pOTUS with no moral compass, no conviction other than were he can eek out some approval or give himself some personal, financial benefit and always cheers from his minions while the rest of the country is nashing their teeth.

11. NT1440 macrumors G5

NT1440

This is what I’ve been worried about the whole time. Trump is so intellectually disengaged it’s the monsters around him that are the real worry.

12. Bug-Creator macrumors 6502

Bug-Creator

Well they are lucky enough to be out of reach for Iran.

And what did you expect Iran to do? Sit out Israeli attacks? Crawl back to Teheran so the Saudis (surely no better) can take over the whole region?

Nah, it's quite clear that Israel/Bibi wants war at all cost, but as sure as Iran can't win, neither can Israel on it's own.

13. Rum_Becker Suspended

I'm still convinced that Trump can f up so bad that he makes things right. His complete incompetence might be all the stars aligning to solve the real problem in the middle east which is the USA in the first place. Of the P5 he has turned China and Russia against the USA and the UK and France are questioning their loyalty to Trump.

14. darksithpro macrumors 6502a

Oh, ********. Lets be honest here, no side is innocent. Iran has been meddling in the affairs of other ME countries for a while now. One of the reasons Israel is attacking Iranian positions in Syria is because they're using Syria to transport dangerous weapons to Hezbollah and Hamas. Those groups have been launching rocket attacks at Israeli towns and building tunnels to kidnap and murder people. They're also funding terrorists in Yemen, who tried to overthrow the legitimate government. You Support Assad, but yet you support the Iranian backed rebels in Yemen? Hypocrite much? Also, there's nothing Iran can do militarily to Israel, except ambush style attacks. The reason they shot down that Israeli f-16 in Syria was because of an ambush. Every time Iran launches a drone into Israeli air space from Syria, the IAF launches a strike against the drone base. So they had a bunch of SAMs waiting for the F-16 that time.

15. NT1440 macrumors G5

NT1440

Who supports Assad? I don’t, but I’m not blind to the reality that destroying the Syrian state will be opening a Pandora’s box that will make the results of Libya and Iraq look like a breezy summer day.

That’s the thing about this “morality” based intervention, nobody seems to give a **** what happens next. I’m sure the SLAVES being sold in Libya in 2018 know we had “good intentions”.

16. stylinexpat, May 10, 2018
    Last edited: May 10, 2018

stylinexpat macrumors 65816

stylinexpat

That is twisting the facts around. It is Israel that has been launching missiles into Syria killing Syrians and Iranians. You want Iran not to retaliate and sit on its hands..?
    --- Post Merged, May 10, 2018 ---
    He owes those that helped him win a favor.. People like Adelson donated a lot of money to him.

17. mac_in_tosh macrumors 6502

mac_in_tosh

1. I don't think any of us can really know what's going on there and who started what. But that doesn't stop everyone from blaming whoever is not on their side.
    2. Syrians themselves have killed hundreds of thousands of fellow Syrians. Somehow that gets pushed to the background whenever Israel does anything.

18. SL4VE macrumors 6502

Change Iran in the above statement to USA/Saudi and it will be more believable

19. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

interesting reaction from some in the middle east;

from an al-jazeera report;

20. flyinmac macrumors 68040

flyinmac

I’m sure they want the U.S. to come in and pick a side.

But I think in this instance, if I were President, I’d handle it with a little surprise. Like a parent sending both children to their rooms.

Show up, blast out the weapons on both sides of the argument and then send them home. Alright, everyone to their rooms.

We could effectively establish a truce between the other countries. Upset them enough that they’d work together against the parent who just put them both in a time out.

Of course then they’d just come after us.

In reality, the best thing we could really do is step out of all the countries. Build our military defense here. Bring all the troops home and lock down a perimeter. Build up the missile interceptors, and let them just settle their disputes between themselves. And if they come here, take them out before they get close enough to cause any damage. And naturally lock down the border and reinstitute the old naturalization system that makes immigration a slow enough process that nobody is getting in without establishing patriotism first.

21. A.Goldberg macrumors 68020

A.Goldberg

A lot of this seems a bit misreported depending on what article your read. A lot of the reports have been saying Israel has started the aggression. This is the continuation of tit for tat aggression that started with Iran sending a spy drone intl Israeli airspace earlier this year. Also involved was Israel’s retaliation against the alleged gassing of Syrian civilians by Assad- retaliation that the US, UK, and France also took part in.

I think Iran is smart enough not to want to engage in a full fledged war with Israel.

22. stylinexpat macrumors 65816

stylinexpat

No one that I know of is or has supported in any way the killings of hundreds of thousands of Syrians. That is a lot worse if you ask me. Once someone starts doing bad things other seems to want to jump on board. Sad..
    --- Post Merged, May 10, 2018 ---
    Yeah but Israel has spy planes and drones flying all over the place there. Same thing if you ask me.

23. vrDrew macrumors 65816

Does anybody think that Iran would today have military forces inside Syria, just a few miles from the border with Israel, if the United States had not invaded Iraq in 2003?

The wouldn't. The Saddam Hussein regime was no friend of Iran; and pre-invasion Iraq was a natural counterweight to Iran. But with the Sunni-minority leadership of Iraq decimated by America, the way was clear for Iran to take a leading role in Shia-majority Iraq. Iranian military officers and equipment may lag far behind the technical merits of US forces. But they speak the same language, and share the same values as the vast majority of Iraqis. Iran did what the US was incapable of doing: Helping the Iraqis drive the scourge of ISIS from their country. (Does anyone give Iran credit for doing that? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?)

So if Israel today is concerned (as they should be) about Iranian military forces in eastern Syria - then they can thank Dick Cheney, John Bolton and the rest of the neo-Conservative American wrecking crew for doing the mullah's work for them. Courtesy of 4,500 American lives, and $4 trillion of American treasure, the Iranian military now has a land bridge stretching from Afghanistan to the Golan Heights.

Iran doesn't need a nuclear weapon to dominate the region. For a whole host of reasons it would be better off for everyone if they didn't get one. But let's just say that the prospect of fighting an actual full-scale war with both the US and Israel would be a very good incentive for them to develop the capability.

Once again, John Bolton, the imbecilic warmonger is setting his own country up for failure. And his avowed nemesis - Iran - is destined to take the rewards.

Great job, Trump voters!

24. darksithpro, Aug 11, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2018

darksithpro macrumors 6502a

It's a domino effect that was the direct result of the Bush and Obama administration. Trump had nothing to do with this mess and inherited a major problem. What did people think was going to happen when you pull your military forces out of Iraq with an unstable government, engulfed with religious sects "Sunni and Shia" fighting each other, and blowing up one another on a weekly basis? It caused a terrorist vacuum, which lead to ISIS. This historic doctrine of regime change has caused massive bloodshed and devastation on the ME and Africa and set fire to the region. Now, because of past presidents we're involved in proxy wars on several fronts, where now Syria, Iran, Russia, Turkey, Israel, and soon to be China is involved.