Israel opens organ theft hearings...

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by mkrishnan, Dec 27, 2009.

1. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

This has been breaking over a few days, but I have to admit I just now heard about it.

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/middleeast/2009/12/2009122315425789179.html
    http://english.aljazeera.net/news/middleeast/2009/12/2009122161551898444.html
    http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1261364486079&pagename=JPost/JPArticle/ShowFull
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/dec/21/israeli-pathologists-harvested-organs

The story was apparently broken by a Swedish newspaper, Aftonbladet, and then confirmed by an interview taped by an American academic in 2000, with the former head of the Israeli facility in question.

Mentions I've seen in English-language Israeli publications tend to write it off as just a malpractice issue:

Al Jazeera quotes Israeli MPs as suspecting that the practice may still be continuing:

The hearings presumably will address questions such as one of the worse possible scenarios, that tissue or organs was harvested from Palestinians killed by the Israeli army, without authorization, and then in turn used for military purposes, e.g.:

(The quoted person in the last text is the person who interviewed Dr. Hiss in 2000.)

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

3. Ttownbeast macrumors 65816

Wow....way to pin it on the jews....in a related story I found a file photo of Doctor hiss:[​IMG]

4. IntheNet macrumors regular

IntheNet

:rolleyes:

And some still suspect aliens in Roswell... that evidence part is troubling however... lots of smear here against Israel here with little evidence...

5. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

There are other countries who its "alleged" to have behaved similarly. It wouldn't surprise me in the least that a country with as bad a human rights record as Israel had done this.

And Al Jazeera is actually a pretty decent source.

6. Ttownbeast macrumors 65816

The way this topic was posted is complete troll bait here's the full article from Al Jezera rather than the snippets which make all Jews look bad--I'll put some of the important points from the entire articlein bold rather than pick and choose what parts deserve quoting so not to spin this as a Jewish conspiracy:

from the article: http://english.aljazeera.net/news/mi...425789179.html
    Here I point out that it is not the Jews doing the harm it is a government body being blamed not people and its not just Palestinians that had organs harvested either according to the report.

Not the people, the government let's keep with the distinction between the two.

The government denied the claims--this is not a matter of Jews peddeling eyballs and skin in the market place nor it it a religious matter so the government should shut up about the anti-semetic crap, it runs a country not a temple.

7. mkrishnan thread starter Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

When did I make any comments about all Jews looking bad? :confused: And when did it come to be that posting the same excerpt as printed (which was in my OP), with copious boldfacing, italicizing, and underlining, is viewed as being open-minded while just posting it verbatim is viewed as troll baiting? :confused:

In fact who is talking about a conspiracy of Jews? I stated that the Israeli government is accused of having covered up organ theft. You responded with the cryptic rants and the GI Joe pictures. I didn't even use the term Jew in my entire post. You were the first one to do that. How did I become the crazy one?

8. Ttownbeast macrumors 65816

You posted single paragraphs not a whole story (thank you though for the links for further reading of course). The paragraphs you chose to paste in distort the issue and tend to generalize --you left yourself open for trolling easily there and are likely to invoke a fair degree of it from many conspiracist whack jobs who see this as another example of "evil Jews controlling the world" and what not. It doesn't have to mention the word "Jew" to be implied since the article does mention "Israel" and the problem there is the common lack of distinction between that government and people of Jewish decent and/or of that religion by the lesser educated.

As for the pic that was just a sarcastic parody for my part on the name "Hiss" in context to the topic and in reaction to how badly the topic was posted--hardly cryptic.