Issue with 17" macbook pro 2011 and external monitor

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by taxidriver, Mar 29, 2011.

1. taxidriver macrumors newbie

Greetings , recently bought a macbook 17" of the 2011 generation and ordered a mini display port to hdmi cable wich i recieved today .

I plugged it in to my monitor (lp24w hp) and it looked like it was running in a non native resolution , even tho it was at it's max resolution 1920x1200 .

I asked a friend to lend me his 2010 macbook 13" and connected it thru the same cable and image looked fine .

I just ordered a mini displayport to dvi cable wich will hopefully work but not i got sort of worried that there may be something wrong with my monitor .

The letters look very weird , even the icons on the dock look weird , i tried to do the defaults -currentHost write -globalDomain AppleFontSmoothing -int 2 , but no luck .

Anyway hopefully someone has had previous experiences with this as i'm quite worried right now thinking that there is something wrong with my sweet macbook pro .

Thanks

2. simsaladimbamba

3. taxidriver thread starter macrumors newbie

Hello , thanks for the reply here's 2 photos i took , i gues sit's not too easy but i think at least in the safari opened on apple.com can see the issue :

http://img64.imageshack.us/f/displayx.jpg

and

http://img94.imageshack.us/f/displayih.jpg

Also seems to detect the display as a tv as as shows something like 1920x1200 ntsc 60hz

Thanks once again

The letters are sort of weird the icons on the dock too and it just feels it's not truly in 1900x1200 but in some non native resolution wich is impossible as i tried changing resolution to a lower one than back up to 1900 and still same .

Cheers

4. simsaladimbamba

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

How to attach an image to your MR post.

I don't see a problem on the Dock image, and the font on the first image is okay on most parts, only the bookmarks look a bit fuzzy.

But if it is a TV, than it might only have a maximum resolution of 1920 x 1080 anyway, which is unlikely for a 24" TV though.
    I couldn't find much via the search term "lp24w hp", therefore I am not sure if it is a monitor or a TV.

5. taxidriver thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey thanks , it's a monitor with 1920x1200 was checking model agaqin and is lp2475w .

But yeah it's hard to capture it on a photo but pretty much every letter looks fuzzy .

Hope the dvi adapter will arrive soon so i can test this better , either way weird that it looked fine with a 13" 2010 macbook pro .

Cheers

Also thanks for posting the images for me :)