Issue with recently swapped iPhone 4s.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Kieran90, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Kieran90 macrumors newbie

Hi guys. I'm new to the forum so go lightly on me :) I went into the apple store yesterday as I had a Genius Bar appointment. Basically my old model had an issue with the lock button and the guy in their swapped it for a nice shiny new model.

Onto the new issue. The replacement handset seems to have an issue with the pixels and clarity of the colours on my device. Everytime I look at something light such as a web page, certain parts of it are streaky. So for example if there are boxes in the screen they're streaked outwards and it's really irritating.

Second issue is the screen seems to be really faint with certain colours and I'm not benefiting from the Retina display.

Now the chap in the store told me to leave it for a month and go back if continues. He said this as he reckons its newly manufacture and it's just the manufacturing process settling in. I'm happy to do this, however it's so irritating I wanted to see if anyone has had any problems like this yourselves? If so what advice can you give me.

Kind regards,
    Kieran.

2. naveah macrumors regular

Make another appointment and take it back in again. The new phone shouldn't have these types of issues and they'll probably replace it for you.

3. bogatyr macrumors 65816

Never had those problems with a new iPhone. Replace it ASAP.

4. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

All recently swapped iPhones under warranty carry an additional 90 day warranty. Go back and get it swapped.

5. Kieran90 thread starter macrumors newbie

6. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

The new device you were given as a swap is highly likely to be a refurbished one, not a brand new one direct from the factory. This is an old wives tale from back when the first retina display was released on the iPhone 4 - "its the glue drying, wait for a month or two". Bring it back now and get another swap! The guy has most likely lied to you about "the manufacturing process setting in" to keep his appointments in line that day and not spend more time exchanging it twice. Sad but true...sorry

7. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

Needs to "settle in"? Is he joking? A new iPhone should work perfectly out of the box. It certainly shouldn't need to be broken in. Take it back.

8. Kieran90 thread starter macrumors newbie

Defender2010 - that's exactly what he said. It's the glue that needs to dry properly. I thought it was bonkers but sort of accepted it because i had been without my phone for days. Have booked a new appointment but won't be until Tuesday unfortunately. But if i have to wait so be it.

9. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

The Genius basically implied if it continues for a month that you can exchange it. That's a good deal.

10. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

Well, good luck, hope you get it exchanged again successfully. :)

11. Kieran90 thread starter macrumors newbie

12. JerseyDoug macrumors regular

Must be the special edition with tubes and filter caps. Same problem as my guitar amps. :D:rolleyes: