Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SenileTomato

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 31, 2014
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
I'm currently receiving this response when attempting to format and use the selected amount of space for creating and installing Windows 8 through the use of Boot Camp Assistant:

"Windows cannot be Installed on this disk. The selected disk is of the GPT partition style."

Although I've had several different issues installing Windows 8 on my MBP Retina, I have never had this specific issue before. I was hoping someone could give me some insight on what I might be able to do to install Windows without having such issues.

Note: Before installing Yosemite, I tried installing Windows 8 through Boot Camp Assistant (I had already partitioned the drive for adequate space for Windows) and my MBP Retina was running OSX Mavericks.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

SenileT

SenileTomato

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 31, 2014
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
After updating the Support Software from Apple onto my USB through the Boot Camp Assistant, and choosing the 'EFI BOOT' option when holding alt/option at startup, I was finally able to install Windows 8.1 on my MBP Retina, for those of you who may need help in the future.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.