Issues since iOS 6 to 7 update…..

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by trlyka, Jun 4, 2014.

1. trlyka macrumors 6502a

trlyka

In general, I do like iOS 7 better…..These are just a few, but annoying, things that happened since the update.

My Yahoo IM app won't go into landscape mode (yes it's turned on)

Lose sound on certain apps (example: Candy Crush) and have to reboot the phone to get it back.

Also lock sounds don't always work…..I guess they did away with the unlock sound? I liked that.

Sometimes when I get a text, I will see the blue dot indicating I have a new text, but my last reply, or their last message before the newest one, is the only one showing. I have to go to the text and wait for it and eventually it appears.

The texting vibrate is super short. If I'm not holding the phone and it's on vibrate, I won't know I received a text. Is that to save battery?

I have a lot of trouble sending pics through text (both regular and iMessage). If it doesn't send then I have to reboot my phone for it to go through. And if I try to send a 2nd pic before the first one goes, then it gets stuck in limbo and neither one will go.

iOS 7.1.1

2. white4s macrumors 65816

make sure the lock sound is enabled in settings

3. C DM macrumors Westmere

They did do away with the unlock sound in iOS 7. The lock one is still there and should work fine (it's slightly different though with an echo-like effect).

The message vibrate is there just like before, the only one they did make less noticeable is the one you get while you are in the Messages app when you get a new message so that it's not as "jarring" as it used to be. I think it's similarly like that if you get a message or an alert while you are on a call. The sound/vibrate for when you get a message when the phone is locked or something like that should still be the same as before.