Issues to mount a partiton

Discussion in 'macOS High Sierra (10.13)' started by bigpego90, Jul 11, 2017.

1. bigpego90 macrumors newbie

bigpego90

Hello everyone, I have issues to mount a partition of my Thoshiba, I have tried everything, repair permissions, mount manually, change port, cable, using an usb 3.0 adapter from thunderbolt but nothing. It's a toshiba usb 3.0 2TB on my mbp late 2011. It's been work since I upgrade my OS on sierra. I'v read some issues with sierre to read HD but with the update it's been fixed as they posted. Any suggestions of how I can fix this? Thanks all

Attached Files:

2. mikecwest macrumors 6502a

mikecwest

I don't think the issue is clear that you are having. What exactly happens when you click on the toshiba, the mount?

If you are on sierra, you should not be able to repair permissions.

Your screenshot is no useful if you are trying To get help with the toshiba. Try click on the toshiba before you take the screen shot, so it will show the details of that device and not the other one.

3. bigpego90 thread starter macrumors newbie

bigpego90

As a repair permissions I meant the function "first aid". The problem is that I can see Samples partition but I can't mount it. Thank you very much
    --- Post Merged, Jul 12, 2017 ---
    News, if I mount the HD on windows with HFSExplorer I can see all my data and export it. It's formatted in MacOs Jornaled. Any idea of how I can mount it? Thanks

Attached Files:

4. mikecwest macrumors 6502a

mikecwest

I am not sure what you mean, but "can not see" the Samples partition. I can clearly see it in your new screen shots. Have you tried to click on it, then click on MOUNT?

If you are still having issues, you might try a third party utility, such as this one...(which gives a free ten day fully function trial:

https://www.paragon-software.com/home/hdm-mac/

After installing that, open it....look for Samples on the left, then on the right click "Mount" in the top portion of the right pane. In the bottom of the right pane, make sure that " Do not mount automatically" is not checked.

5. bigpego90 thread starter macrumors newbie

bigpego90

I wrote "I can see Sample partition but I can't mount it"
    Thanks for paragon but when I open it shows me the disk but not the partition.
    I was looking around internet and seems a problem on permission, but as we know mac sierra doesn't have repair permission tool anymore...are they crazy or what?

6. mikecwest macrumors 6502a

mikecwest

What happened when you click MOUNT?......I don't think a permissions problem would cause a drive/partition problem to mount. That sounds more like it would be a directory issue. Have you tried repairing the device with DiskWarrior, Drive Genius, TechTool Pro, etc....??

I see you are using something to view the files in windows. There is also this:

https://www.paragon-software.com/home/hfs-windows/

I am not familiar with the Catacombe, the maker of the HFS Explaorer....but Paragon is a trusted company..

7. bigpego90 thread starter macrumors newbie

bigpego90

With windows I can see and copy all the file with hfsexplorer, that's what I'm saying, with windows I can see a mac journal HD and with mac I can't?