Issues with Bootcamp Drivers

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by nikuskwas, Dec 2, 2009.

1. nikuskwas macrumors newbie

Hello,

I recently erased my HD and installed everything from scratch. I made a partition with Bootcamp (I had already successfully done this before) but this time the only difference was that I did a 64 GB partition instead of a 32GB (So the partition is formatted as a NTFS instead of FAT32). Everything installed without any problems (Windows XP) But when I inserted my Snow Leopard disk to install the Drivers (as it is mentioned in the instructions of Bootcamp) the XP OS won't recognise my disk and won't install anything. I also tried to download the drivers from the Apple website and install manually but without success (the installers simply won't open). So... my question is: Is there a problem with having a bigger disk partition (which means other than FAT32) in Snow Leopard? Any solutions?

Thanks for your time reading this! I hope someone can help me!

Nick

2. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

No there's no problem with large NTFS partitions in Windows on a Mac.

Does the driver CD show under "My Computer"? It's possible the installer is just not auto-running. Can you browse the Driver Install disc and launch setup.exe?

3. nikuskwas thread starter macrumors newbie

No... the DVD doesn't show at all, as if Windows wouldn't recognise the disk (or perhaps the optical drive)...

I will do a test to see if windows recognises other disks when I insert them. Maybe that is the problem and a reinstallation of the OS is needed.

4. nikuskwas thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok I did a few extra tests:

- I noticed that "mac cds/dvds" in Windows XP are shown as a disc icon but they appear to be empty with zero data in it (which means I cannot run the bootcamp drivers).
    - The same does not happen with Windows cds, since I inserted the Windows XP cd and it was read without any problem (which means that Windows does recognise the Optical Drive in my mac)
    - I reformatted the partition (NTFS) and reinstalled Windows XP with no improvement at all... I still have the same issue and I have completely run out of ideas. Its SO ODD since I have installed XP on Bootcamp in the exact same computer and exact same copy of Windows XP in the past without any problems at all.

HELP!!! Please!!!!!