Issues with iPhone 5 and Three (UK)

ohms12

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 21, 2012
Scotland
Anyone having the same issues as me? I have an iPhone 5 and since 11pm have had no 3G signal. I've been through every step apart from updating or wiping my phone, tried a different sim, reset phone, reset network settings, changed network settings etc etc. Not a peep from Three either, but Twitter suggests many others are having the same issue!

:(

Bacong

macrumors 68020
Mar 7, 2009
Westland, Michigan
Anyone having the same issues as me? I have an iPhone 5 and since 11pm have had no 3G signal. I've been through every step apart from updating or wiping my phone, tried a different sim, reset phone, reset network settings, changed network settings etc etc. Not a peep from Three either, but Twitter suggests many others are having the same issue!

:(
if others are having the same issue, just wait it out. I lost LTE/3G on my phone today for several hours and didn't freak out about it :p

Beanoir

macrumors 6502a
Dec 9, 2010
51 degrees North
Yes, same here (down in Essex and also in London today) both myself and a friend of mine on 3 have zero 3G signal at all since last night - no internet connection is the best way to describe the function of most of the apps that require it.

Lets keep this updated.

----------

UPDATE: Apparrently 3 are aware of the issue and are working to fix it.

Message on their automated phone system to that effect so must be a widespread issue.

ChazUK

macrumors 603
Feb 3, 2008
Essex (UK)
Really odd for me. My Nexus 4 on 3 has no data but full call/messaging functionality but my Nexus 7 on a data only sim has been up and down all day (more up than down).

They have put a tweet out acknowledging that they're having issues though but it is a pain.

OllyW

Staff member
Oct 11, 2005
The Black Country, England
Also down in the Black Country. :(

I've just been on the Three website and made a few futile attempts to use their Report a network problem link. It's about as useful as a chocolate teapot! :rolleyes:

MikeDTyke

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2005
London
I can confirm in East & Central London, 3 on my iPad has been dead all morning. Numerous flicks of flight mode have not coaxed it back to life. :mad:

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors 604
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
I had a similar problem with O2 last year and they offered a couple of quid off the bill that month. These things happen, although very annoying if you are relying on the service.

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
Three have confirmed that the outage has been fixed if you still have an issue restart your phone.