Issues with my 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chago04, Sep 25, 2012.

1. chago04 macrumors newbie

I'm having two issues with my phone. First, my lightning cable doesn't always switch. If I put the cable in one way, it won't charge. If I switch the sides, it'll start charging.

Second, when I try to restore from backup, it gets to the part where it restarts the phone and then it won't restart. It just keeps showing the apple logo, then turning off. The only way to turn it on is to hold the home and power button and after a few times, it'll stay on. Am I gonna have to try and get a different phone? That'll suck.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

The first might be a wire issue, try it out with a few cables they have at the store to see if it does the same.
    The 2nd its purelly a software issue. Nothing that would need a hardware replacement. Most likelly a corrupt backup file.

3. chago04 thread starter macrumors newbie

I thought it might be a backup issue so I rebacked up my old phone and still no dice. I have all the pictures and contacts but no apps synced and it keeps cycling.

4. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

If the cable isn't the issue and you have eliminated it from the equation, then take the phone back...It's new and Apple will replace it for you.

5. schizbomb macrumors 6502

Clean the contacts of the lightning cable with rubbing alcohol and a Qtip.

Worked for me when my cable wasn't switching