iStats Menu 5.1 do not show any cpu core temperatures for mid 2015 Macbook Pro Retina

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by dowanny, Jul 15, 2015.

1. dowanny macrumors newbie

I am new to this forum and wonder if anyone else is having trouble with this issue. I have a recently purchased Mid 2015 15 Inch MacBook Pro Retina and wanted to use iStats Menu to Monitor cpu Temps. But,
    there are only hard drive temperatures to show. No options are under the iStats settings for cpu core temperatures. I finally had to purchase the temperature gauge app to show the cpu temperatures.

2. CoastalOR, Jul 15, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2015

CoastalOR macrumors 68000

CoastalOR

I had the same problem with my mid 2015 MBP. You have to download and install the beta 5.11b6 iStats Menu for it to work. I see that they have a b7 available now. There is a download link on their Twitter page at:
    https://twitter.com/bjango

3. dowanny thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for the info. I will probably wait until version 5.11 is released before updating iStats. I find that Temperature Gauge provides more detail stats on CPU and Hard Disk Temperatures and will keep both apps.

4. mackie8 macrumors 6502

i just downloaded the 5.11 version cpu temp is missing... any solution for this?