Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Danjrel

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 5, 2016
Post your iStocknow results here..

Screenshot_20161011-214653.png

Danjrel

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 5, 2016
If you're on T-Mobile, why limit yourself? All of the carriers' phones will work with it, so..

So I already ordered my phone on September 25th. Lol. I didn't know about istock.

The point I'm making is that they have no stock lol.

mjb59463

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2012
The stock displayed on iStockNow for my state is the exact same as it was last Thursday. Rose gold and Gold phones that clearly no one wants haha.

Nothing has been added from what I can tell.

Danjrel

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 5, 2016
I mean...T-Mobile is amazing in my opinion. Better and cheaper then all thee others around!

Unlimited data is the best. Verizon and attach suck. No true unlimited data. Data overages. That's not going to work.
[doublepost=1476248837][/doublepost]
The stock displayed on iStockNow for my state is the exact same as it was last Thursday. Rose gold and Gold phones that clearly no one wants haha.

I like the gold phone. Remember when that was most popular ?

Thor_1

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2016
Texas

I have 3 rose gold on back order. That map had a good deal more available a few days ago.

AndyDiamond

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2004
The Black Lodge
Little story for you:

I'm a T-Mobile customer - own my iPhone 6 Plus outright.
Investigated going on both the T-Mobile JUMP! and Apple Upgrade programs for the iPhone 7 Plus.
Decided on the Apple Upgrade program.
My choice of phone - iPhone 7 Plus, black, 256GB.
On Monday this week I went to a local Apple Store (NYC WTC) to set up the deal, fully aware wait time for a black 256 7 Plus was 3-4 weeks.
However the sales person told as I was a T-Mobile customer I could not pre-order a phone for the Apple Upgrade program - I had to get a phone that was in-stock at that particular store. Something to do with T-Mobile - very frustrating!
They advised me to try the Reserve iPhone 7 thing on the Apple website at 12:01am every day to see if the phone I wanted was in-stock, reserve it a the store and come and get it.
To confirm this I went to the Soho store who told me the same thing.
I also knew about iStockNow which essentially mirrors what is on the Reserve iPhone 7 page.
Anyway, given the fact that ANY model of iPhone 7 on T-Mobile was pretty much non-existent, let alone a 7 Plus on any other carrier was nowhere to be seen unless you want a rose gold 32 on Verizon... I was pretty much reserved to the fact I was going to have to wait until there was ample stock in stores - probably December at this rate.
I was not going to get up in the middle of the night to search for stock.
Just by chance yesterday morning, casually over a cup of tea, I checked the iStockNow site for my local stores in NYC area and found a 256GB 7 Plus in stock at the Soho store. It was silver, not black, but that didn't bother me since I already have a silver 6 Plus and I like it. Apart from a rose gold 128GB 7 Plus, according to iStockNow this was the only 7 Plus in stock at any Apple store in NYC yesterday. So I went online and reserved it at the store - I had the reserve window open for about 25minutes and surprisingly enough it was still available when I hit the confirm button.
Went to the store an hour later, did the transaction which took about 5 minutes and walked out with the phone.
So I didn't get the black phone but I don't mind - beats sitting on the web fro the next several weeks waiting for a phone to become available, and besides I'm on the upgrade program so when the 8 comes out maybe I'll get a black one then.

I guess the moral of this story is iStockNow really does tell the full story so keep an eye on it and you may luck-out!
Good luck!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.