iSync 1.5 Now Available

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
Now Available via Software Update:
iSync lets you manage your contacts, calendars, To Do lists, and Safari bookmarks across multiple Mac OS X computers and devices (such as an iSync-compatible mobile phone, Palm OS device, or iPod), so you always have your most current information with you. To sync a Palm OS device, you need to install the iSync Palm Conduit version 1.2 or later.

iSync 1.5 adds support for more devices such as the latest Sony Ericsson and Motorola phones. For more information about supported devices and connectivity requirements, visit www.apple.com/isync.

Before you install iSync 1.5, you must install iCal 1.5.2 or later. To download the latest version of iCal, visit www.apple.com/ical, or use Software Update (in System Preferences) to install the latest version.

If you are using Mac OS X version 10.3 and plan to synchronize a Bluetooth mobile phone, you need to have Bluetooth version 1.5 or later installed. To download the latest version, use Software Update (in System Preferences). If you have an earlier version of Mac OS X, visit www.apple.com/isync to download the appropriate Bluetooth version.
Details about the new iSync release are available here: http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/isync_readme.html

Swinny

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2002
Oxford, UK
Installed and running...seems to be more or less the same as before...supports my new Sony Ericsson K700i though...so no complaints!

fflipper

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2004
third_floor said:
Why do Motorola phones have no Bluetooth support?
I have to second this one. after they announced the itunes partnership i was sure that they would get bluetooth working for isync.

aricher

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2004
Chi-il
This is so friggin bogus. Great "partnership,' with Motorola - so great I spent the extra $$ on a Bluetooth enabled V600 only to discover now that I need a data cable for iSync usage. Heck - with OnSync I could do everything via Bluetooth.

I'm glad they added more device support but pissed about the lack of BT with Moto phones.

nickdaze

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2004
Santa Monica, CA
Fasta

I don't know if I'm hallucinating, or if my Bluetooth sync with my phone is now 1 billion times faster! Well... maybe not a billion, but you know what I mean. Anyone else?

Using Sony Ericsson T673

SiliconAddict

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2003
Chicago, IL
fflipper said:
I have to second this one. after they announced the itunes partnership i was sure that they would get bluetooth working for isync.

I'm sorry but comments like these are funny. Everytime a new partnership is formed with some other company like IBM, Pepsi, Moto, etc there are a group of people that think such partnerships go beyond a simple deal between the companies such notions are well...you know. Moto has never been about flashy tech. They make good, solid, rugged phones. And frankly BT is flashy tech. Will they eventually get BT? Sure. But it may very well be a while and its not going to be because they want to make it Apple compatable. If anything they will most likely get a firewire port on a phone before BT. (To charge and transfer iTunes songs with.)

Parikh1234

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2003
LF NJ USA
I have a v600 also and I am pissed off that I cant sync without a cable. Its nice to know that i can finally sync my v600 but only with a cable. Time to go to ebay for a cable. :D

encro

macrumors 6502
May 6, 2002
bendigo.victoria.au
Excellent Update! No changes in performance as far as I can tell nickdaze but I have found 1 undocumented feature:

All Day Events are now supported on the T610 (and probably other SE phones) but only read-only in this update. Still better than not showing up at all before iSync 1.5.

Turn it on in your iSync Phone Preferences.

titaniumducky

macrumors 6502a
Nov 22, 2003
Weird....

I tried downloading this, OS X 10.3.5, and the Security Update at once. After downloading, Software update would have a spinning beach-ball and the rotating gray thing next to iSync, but it would show no message (like "Installing x% complete") and it just hung. I tried it twice.

Now I'm downloading just OS X 10.3.5 (which I understand includes the Security Update), and then I'll install iSync. Now it's almost done with the install of 10.3.5.

fflipper

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2004
SiliconAddict said:
I'm sorry but comments like these are funny. Everytime a new partnership is formed with some other company like IBM, Pepsi, Moto, etc there are a group of people that think such partnerships go beyond a simple deal between the companies such notions are well...you know. Moto has never been about flashy tech. They make good, solid, rugged phones. And frankly BT is flashy tech. Will they eventually get BT? Sure. But it may very well be a while and its not going to be because they want to make it Apple compatable. If anything they will most likely get a firewire port on a phone before BT. (To charge and transfer iTunes songs with.)
Motorola and Sony were some of the first phones to have bluetooth, infact one of the first handsfree sets came from moterola, I had one. Terible batery life and everything else that was bad about it. I also have thier latest bluetooth handsfree and am very happy with it. the v600 is (i think and to lazy to look it up) the only quadband bluetooth enabled phone. Thier whole marketing campaign during last years superbowl was the jamesbond like add with bluetooth and quadband. Apple has constantly said it is motorola's fault that they do not support isync. iTunes is good enough for them but not isync? yes i expect more out of this partnership. I dont want to go and spend another 30 bucks on a sync cable. if the phone has bluetooth it should support sync'ing period.

Also I have heard that thier PC based software for syncing isnt even that good. (can't test it cause I dont have a pc anymore)

Misplaced Mage

macrumors regular
No Motorola Bluetooth object push profile (OPP)?

I know from talking to Motorola customer support that the V710 lacks the Bluetooth object push profile (OPP) needed for iSync to operate over Bluetooth with that phone, but does the lack extend to other Motorola phones like the V600?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.