iSync, Quark, 10.2.1

I saw the same ad banner at MWNY, this could possibly be the release of iSync, or just to add more hype to the app. Has there been any sign of that fabled "Black Curtin?" Maybe that has yet to be set up, I hope there is something big, Steve does not come for nothing.

You can see these same banners and posters in my MWNY movie see the link below.

Furious Tiger

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2002
New York City
Hey, glad to be a member after all this time coming and reading the articles and forums. My question is why the signifigance of the poster showing iSync would indicate a higher likelyhood of a release. Correct me if I am wrong, but the iSync poster was up and kicking for MWNY, was it not?

arn

macrumors god
Original poster
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Originally posted by Furious Tiger
Hey, glad to be a member after all this time coming and reading the articles and forums. My question is why the signifigance of the poster showing iSync would indicate a higher likelyhood of a release. Correct me if I am wrong, but the iSync poster was up and kicking for MWNY, was it not?
You may be correct... I wasn't aware the iSync banner was at MWNY.

arn

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
T (yes, Tiger), that ended up being a demonstration. Obviously, this time, iSync would have to come out.

Remember when iTunes 2 was posted on Apple's web site for about a month or so? It wasn't ready for download, but it was previewed with an Equalizer, etc.

My point is that Apple has been posting anticipation schemes for software (iTunes, iSync, etc.) and may keep doing this once every so often.

Originally posted by arn

You may be correct... I wasn't aware the iSync banner was at MWNY.

arn
He is correct there was a large iSync poster at MWNY, I saw it. Also I think some of the iMacs had it loaded on, It was a very simple layout, jsut plu in your device and hit sync and the app does the rest. Very cool. If you want proof watch my movie. URL is listed on my sig.

foobar

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2002
yes, it's the same

Yes, that's the same banner that was at MWNY. I recognize the shot of the iPod w/calendar on the right-hand side. At least one of them was hanging in the Apple area, directly opposite their stage.

I wouldn't assume that iCal/iSync are coming out tomorrow, but let's hope so.

An alpha or beta copy was loaded on the Macs at MWNY, and I must say, I can't *WAIT* to get my hands on iCal..... it just rocks!

I'll be ready to sell my Palm IIIc.... anyone interested? :)

--FOObar

cubist

macrumors 68020
Jul 4, 2002
Muncie, Indiana
iCal and iPod

I was told at mwny that the things-to-do data in iCal would show up in a future release of iPod. We should have calendar, contacts, things to do...

No one need speculate further about an Apple PDA. It has already been released: it is the iPod.:cool:

So next I expect to hear that we will be able to write simple applications to run on the iPod using AppleScript Studio...

Goblin2099

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2002
New York City
The pyramid things are the JBL Creature speakers, which I think were first shown at MWNY. If iSync is released at MW Paris, it will probably synchronize calendars and contacts to the iPod (assuming iCal comes with it), and maybe Palms, but I don't see any other great functionality...but then, that may be the nature of the beast. I agree that it would make more sense for iSync to come out along with Bluetooth built-in, but shipments of bluetooth adapters alone have been so sporadic that it's hard to tell what's happening with it (and it still seems pretty useless to me, at least). 10.2.1 would be nice, but since when has anyone started drooling over a maintenance update? (other than Jaguar, but that's just me being bitter :p )

DaveGee

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2001
iSync has one other fantastic feature... for people like me who has a use for it.

I have a work mac
I have a home mac
I have a wifes mac (okay my wife has a mac)
I have a laptop
I have an iPod
I have a Palm (don't use it much any more)

Without bluetooth (or the Palm for that matter) entering into the picture iSync will do me a world of good. I can finally have my life in order. I spend most of my time split between my work and home mac so I'll setup the following:

Home mac 'syncs' at 8:00 am
Work mac 'syncs' at 8:30 am
Work mac 'syncs' at 5:30 pm
Home mac 'syncs' at 6:00 pm

Laptop will sync on logon and logout.

iPod/Palm... 'whenever connected'

With things setup like this I'm totally covered... any changes I make when at home will be synced with the office and any changes I make at the office will be synced with the house.

Yep iSync will be a pretty big benefit for me...

edit...

Now I just hope Apple writes/provides a way for 3rd party developers to connect up with iSync. What I really want in to sync my web browsers bookmarks... Nothing worse than bookmarking an interesting page (at one computer) and then needing it (at another). That happens to me all the time. iSync could fix that in a heartbeat.

Dave

Snowy_River

macrumors 68030
Jul 17, 2002
Corvallis, OR
Originally posted by DaveGee
What I really want in to sync my web browsers bookmarks... Nothing worse than bookmarking an interesting page (at one computer) and then needing it (at another). That happens to me all the time. iSync could fix that in a heartbeat.

Dave
Does anyone remember WebQuick? That was one of the best bookmarking applications that I've ever used. Plus, it was easy to sync bookmarks between different computers...

gotohamish

macrumors 65816
Jul 15, 2001
BKLN
iRDA

Hey, anyone hear of infrared support in iSync? and what's all this about syncing macs, i just thought it was bluetooth and firewire syncing - are we talking about target disk mode syncs?

Cool.

H

engpjp

macrumors newbie
Mar 28, 2002
It's for plain fun!

Steve Jobs is mad about Paris - that's why he is going, just like he wanted to go last year, and like he went the year before. He's a stylish guy, full of music and vegan enthusiasm. Strangely, though, his very localized Californian accent still pops up now and then. Maybe next year he'll sport a Parisian nasality - can you "Cneetah"?

engpjp

Follow the "An Apple Semiotics" series at MacBloQs.blogspot.com

bigjohn

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2000
Monrovia, CA
Other phones on iSync banner

There are other phones on that banner besides the previously mentioned Ericsson and Sony-Erics. Hopefully that means you don't really need Bluetooth to use iSync on your phone.

Big John
FSN