Other It’s Almost Impossible to Tell if Your iPhone Has Been Hacked

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by starikarp, May 19, 2019.

1. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Not using any social media, I feel pretty sure my phone is not hacked.

2. I7guy macrumors Core

I7guy

And seems to be an issue on ios and android.

However, this to me, says a few things:
    1. IOS or android rely on the apps to do what they say they are going to do. What happens in a 3rd party app is out of Apple's control sometimes.
    2. There are always some type of vulnerability in apps that has not been discovered through testing.
    3. Damage should be limited to the app itself and not be able compromise the entire phone. Unfortunately, if the app is compromised then all of the private data belonging to the app is up for the grabbing.
    4. Facebook is getting hit left, right and center with many items over the last year or so.
    5. I'm sure Apple is looking at this closely.

3. AppleHaterLover macrumors 68000

That’s sort of the point, isn’t it?

4. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

#1.) The link you posted is riddled with advertisements, so I would suggest anyone think twice considering opening it.

#2.) It’s not necessarily the iPhone being ‘hacked’, it’s likely whatever app the user is using that’s been hacked. Rather it be social media, banking app, a notification app, etc. That’s how the phone is infiltrated through hacking through third portal access through the actual application, _not_ the actual security breaching through the iPhone itself through encryption.

5. joeblow7777 macrumors 603

The entire article is summed up in its final paragraph, which is also common sense: