It’s time to face facts: Obama’s presidency was a failure

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
https://nypost.com/2017/01/14/its-time-to-face-facts-obamas-presidency-was-a-failure/?utm_source=facebook_sitebuttons&utm_medium=site+buttons&utm_campaign=site+buttons&fbclid=IwAR1LiELVVpb-Q1EyH3pnujgHLhbQheqlQzJZF9TQhJEAKGZymJk9tvFv7Q8
The closing arguments for the Obama years are arriving, and they aren’t helping the outgoing president. A case in point is a new book published this week, one that acknowledges “Obama’s supporters have experienced [his presidency] as a continuous disappointment.”

Those supporters, and others, must have noticed that “for most of Obama’s term, wage gains were largely confined to the rich.” Or that “The administration’s planning in Libya clearly failed” or “It is certain that the actual outcome [of Obama’s Syria policy] was disastrous.”
Libya was his worst mistake, costing millions their homes & he doubled down on stupidity in Syria .
anyways, it's an opinion and most of you who were turned into liberal neocons will attack that along with the message.

Vanilla Ice

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2011
Los Angeles
Look, I may not be a big fan of Obama. But his presidency wasn’t a complete failure. Besides the wars, Obama has had success with leadership and good ethics within the United States. Something (good ethics) Trump needs to bring back. I also miss Obama’s speeches. His tone of voice just gets you hooked. Even if you didn’t agree with him.

Apple OC

macrumors 68040
Oct 14, 2010
Hogtown
deported more people than bush
bombed more countries than Bush
extended patriot act and NSA warrant less surveillance
signed indefinite detention w/o trial into law
grew national debt by 9 trillion
Yeah, if only Obama had of been President for 10 years instead of 8.

Then, everything would have come together in the last 2 years for him.

bambooshots

Suspended
Jul 25, 2013
Look, I may not be a big fan of Obama. But his presidency wasn’t a complete failure. Besides the wars, Obama has had success with leadership and good ethics within the United States. Something (good ethics) Trump needs to bring back. I also miss Obama’s speeches. His tone of voice just gets you hooked. Even if you didn’t agree with him.
True. I liked how he signed that bill allowing concealed carry in National Parks.

vrDrew

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2010
Midlife, Midwest
The Affordable Care Act - the dreaded ObamaCare - has fundamentally changed the discussion about access to healthcare in the US.

States that embraced the extension of Medicaid have seen their uninsured rates plummet. States that resisted it? Sad case. And even places like Kentucky this has made a huge difference in people's lives.

Beshear bolstered his national reputation by implementing Obamacare in an especially conservative area. Under the health law, Kentucky’s uninsured rate has fallen from 20 percent to 7.5 percent — the largest drop in the country.

“In the first 18 months, we had, like, 400,000 to 500,000 Kentuckians involved in this program, most of them for the first time in their lives getting health care,” Beshear told us in an interview last November.
I watched sports on TV this past weekend. The US women's soccer team winning an unprecedented fourth World Cup. Coco Gauff charming the crowds at Wimbledon. And I was amazed at how much people, from literally every corner of the world, wanted to love America, and Americans.

I don't know how much that has to do with Barack Obama. But I do know this: Barack Obama showed America at its best. An open, diverse, brave, vibrant, and hopeful country. Self-confident and unafraid. That's Coco Gauff. Thats Megan Rapinoe.

So don't tell me that Barack Obama's Presidency was a failure. It wasn't.

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
The Affordable Care Act - the dreaded ObamaCare - has fundamentally changed the discussion about access to healthcare in the US.

States that embraced the extension of Medicaid have seen their uninsured rates plummet. States that resisted it? Sad case. And even places like Kentucky this has made a huge difference in people's lives.

I watched sports on TV this past weekend. The US women's soccer team winning an unprecedented fourth World Cup. Coco Gauff charming the crowds at Wimbledon. And I was amazed at how much people, from literally every corner of the world, wanted to love America, and Americans.

I don't know how much that has to do with Barack Obama. But I do know this: Barack Obama showed America at its best. An open, diverse, brave, vibrant, and hopeful country. Self-confident and unafraid. That's Coco Gauff. Thats Megan Rapinoe.

So don't tell me that Barack Obama's Presidency was a failure. It wasn't.

yes it has, Americans MUST pay for insurance while democrats provide free HC to illegals.............

Last edited:

vrDrew

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2010
Midlife, Midwest

yes it has, Americans MUST pay for insurance while democrats provide free HC to illegals.............
From the NYT:

Soon after the team’s victory on Sunday a fourth star was sewn onto each player’s jersey; they’ll wear it forever. The stars serve as proof: It’s not hate or fear, but courage and poise, that make America.
It's not hate or fear that make America. And no matter how much you keep peddling that garbage, we aren't going to bite.

Reactions: hulugu

raqball

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2016
I remain mystified how anyone can look at the disaster that is the Trump presidency and argue that Obama was worse. It defies reality.
I didn't say a single word about Trump nor does the title of this thread..

I was commenting on Obama bin Laden, not Trump....

Reactions: jkcerda

chillg8r

macrumors regular
Apr 16, 2015
Durham,NC
https://washingtonmonthly.com/magazine/januaryfebruary-2017/obamas-top-50-accomplishments-revisited/

Here are 28 things to consider:

1 – Rescued the country from the Great Recession, cutting the unemployment rate from 10% to 4.7% over six years

2 – Signed the Affordable Care Act which provided health insurance to over 20 million uninsured Americans

3 – Ended the war in Iraq

4 – Ordered for the capture and killing of Osama Bin Laden

5 – Passed the $787 billion America Recovery and Reinvestment Act to spur economic growth during the Great Recession

6 – Supported the LGBT community’s fight for marriage equality

7 – Commuted the sentences of nearly 1200 drug offenders to reverse “unjust and outdated prison sentences”

8 – Saved the U.S. auto industry

9 – Helped put the U.S. ontrack for energy independence by 2020

10 – Began the drawdown of troops in Afghanistan

11 – Signed the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals allowing as many as 5 million people living in the U.S. illegally to avoid deportation and receive work permits

12 –Signed the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act to re-regulate the financial sector

13 – Dropped the veteran homeless rate by 50 percent

14 – Reversed Bush-era torture policies

15 – Began the process of normalizing relations with Cuba

16 – Increased Department of Veteran Affairs funding

17 – Signed the Credit Card Accountability, Responsibility, and Disclosure Act

18 – Boosted fuel efficiency standards for cars

19 – Improved school nutrition with the Healthy Hunger-Free Kids Act

20 – Repealed the military’s “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” policy

21 – Signed the Hate Crimes Prevention Act, making it a federal crime to assault anyone based on sexual or gender identification

22 – Helped negotiate the landmark Iran Nuclear Deal

23 – He signed the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act to combat pay discrimination against women

24 – Nominated Sonia Sotomayor to the Supreme Court, making her the first Hispanic ever to serve as a justice

25 – Supported veterans through a $78 billion tuition assistance GI bill

26 – Won the Nobel Peace Prize in 2009 “for his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples”

27 – Launched My Brother’s Keeper, a White House initiative designed to help young minorities achieve their full potential

28 – Expanded embryonic stem cell research leading to groundbreaking work in areas including spinal injury treatment and cancer

raqball

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2016
claiming that Obama is “one of the worse [sic] presidents in history.” That’s beyond idiotic.
Just because Trump is an idiot does not make Obama any less of the same...

Claiming Obama was anything but complete pile of poo is beyond idiotic in my opinion so I guess we've reached an impasse eh?

Reactions: jkcerda