It is Finally Beginning to Feel Like a New Day for America’s Working Class

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by aaronvan, Jan 25, 2017.

1. aaronvan, Jan 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2017

aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

We all remember this disturbing video of Hillary sitting in a darkened room screeching at the camera like a banshee on 'shrooms.

That speech was addressed to the Laborers’ International Union of North America, a strong Hillary supporter (at least at the leadership level. We pretty much know now how the rank & file felt about her.) Today their website indicates that they have had somewhat of a change of heart and maybe America First! doesn't sound so bad anymore.

It is Finally Beginning to Feel Like a New Day for America’s Working Class

2. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

3. macmee Suspended

macmee

Sounds like they are trying to make the best out of a terrible situation

4. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

I don't feel no ways tired....

It seems like people are waking up and coming around to the right way of looking at things.

5. macmee Suspended

macmee

Do you prefer Trump's
    And that right way is to investigate illegal immigrants voting (even though not many do and it was the russians who rigged the election). And how we should build dirty pipelines through native soil to create jobs (even though those jobs are only temporary and you're just finding foreign corporations). And to freak out about how nobody attended an inauguration (even though this literally doesn't matter for any reason at all). And to pass tons of executive orders within the first week (even though we b****** about how obama passed too many when he was president).

Yeah this whole "thinking the right way" thing sure is working out great!!!!!

6. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

How can you verify that illegals aren't voting when the left has pushed NO VOTER ID on us? There is no way to verify your claim. Canada even has positive voter ID for crying out loud.

P.S. I'm not putting you on the ignore list. You're the only person on that list. I can't take your ________ posts anymore. Have a great life.

7. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

She reminds me of the old lady next door who used to run outside and grab the ball and take it in her house when it accidentally went in her yard when I was playing kickball with my brothers when we were about 5 or 6.

8. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

Over the shrieking, yes.

9. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

Not to mention the constant coughing, hopefully she gets the medical attention she needs.

10. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

Union Leaders:

--- Post Merged, Jan 25, 2017 ---
    Auto Industry Execs (including Marchionne... without a tie... as usual)

11. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

I'm still amazed by the political paradigm shift that's occurring before us. Just think, a few months ago the Democrats were the party of the working class with strong backing from labor. The script flipped with amazing speed. How did that happen? Scholars will study this phenomenon for decades to come.

12. colourfastt macrumors 6502a

colourfastt

"Working class" works less than management (generally) .. let's call them what they are: the labour class.

13. RedOrchestra Suspended

Heard an interview with the United Steelworkers president who said "the union backed Hillary BUT the membership backed Trump"

14. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

I asked this question in another thread, but so far nobody has answered, so I'll ask again.

Honest question - Logically, how would it be possible for a significant number (in the millions) to illegally vote? Even in states with no ID required, don't you have to give a name and address? And that name/address is matched to the voter rolls. So these illegals would have to use names of people who are already (legally) registered, yes? And by a stroke of luck, these millions chose people who weren't going to vote anyway. Because, when they showed up to vote and were told that they had already voted I'm sure they chose not to say anything, which is why we haven't heard of this widespread problem.

Or are you saying that they are illegally registering? Even in states where no ID is required to vote, you still have to prove citizenship to register. So, do you believe that these millions of illegal aliens are faking birth certificates in an effort to illegally register?

15. linuxcooldude macrumors 68020

Technically the pipeline does not go through any Indian reservations.

16. macmee Suspended

macmee

I guess you just couldn't handle talking to people with different opinions than yours, and finally got too triggered.
    being old is a health problem?
    yeah that annoyed me so much how the union heads would endorse a candidate that in no way represents what their employees wanted. That happened a lot with hillary, where the heads would endorse her but the people wanted trump or sanders
    the only phenomenon I see is the current ruling party always says they are number one and for the people

17. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

Why are conservatives so obsessed with Hillary? Even the liberals are over it, Trump got the electoral college, let's move on. Sheesh, talk about living in the past.

18. Zenithal Suspended

Blue collar workers with a specific skillset not applicable in other fields is more apt.

19. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

So how many jobs will these pipelines create? 10k?

20. juanm macrumors 65816

juanm

Wait until the honeymoon is over, **** hits the fan, and reality takes over.

21. CE3 macrumors 6502a

Of the major candidates, Bernie Sanders was the only true champion of poor and working middle class in this country.

This.

22. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Well, Trump's policies are going to create a lot more jobs in the areas of toxic materials cleanup, rebuilding homes destroyed over and over by climate change, and, ultimately, the funeral industry.

23. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

Also wall building! Hopefully all of those guys in middle America looking for jobs like humidity! I'm sure this will do wonders for the economy in Texas!

24. CE3 macrumors 6502a

25. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

Labor unions and the American working class love President Trump. What's Naomi Klein got to say about that? Probably something like, "When American workers vote for American jobs they are voting against their own interests." Lol, no one is more clueless and patronizing than left-wing intellectuals lecturing the working class on how they should live their lives.