it is possible to say on 4.1 while deleting all personal info from phone

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ansabakhan, Jan 31, 2011.

1. ansabakhan macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

i am on ios 4.1 on my 3gs and want to sell my phone as i upgrade to ip4.

my question is how do i wipe every thing off my phone while staying on IOS 4.1 ? i do have cydia installed. thanks

2. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

You need your blobs. D/l Tiny Umbrella and save your SHSH. If it saves 4.1, you're good. If you don't, you can only install 4.2.1; you'll have to manually delete everything.

Let us know if you have your 4.1 SHSH. One of us can help you with the restore process.

3. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

I will tell you what "Not to do". Do not use erase all contents and settings. Lots of folks who are selling their phone go for this option. This will wipe your phone completely including the IOS and force you to restore.

If you have SHSH saved and you know what you are doing you can restore but a safer option is to either delete things manually or set up another itunes account on your computer and sync to an empty data base.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Open Cydia and look at the top of the page.
    It will say what shsh blobs you have and can restore to.

5. ansabakhan thread starter macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

i have cydia .. and it say number from 3.1.3 - to 4.2 !!! on the top .. how to use tiny umbrella to downgrade (rather stay on 4.1 and wipe data)?

6. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Download Tiny Umbrella and use it to save your SHSH to your computer.
    Start the server in TU.
    DFU your phone.
    In itunes, press <option>+restore (I don't know the key combo for windows computers). This opens a dialog window. Choose the 4.1 ipsw that you've already d/l. Make sure the ipsw is the correct one for your phone.
    You may experience an error message when the installation finishes. Use TU to kick your phone out of recovery and you should be fine.
    Windows users here can tell you some more specifics about being in admin mode and what not.

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

8. bigddybn macrumors member

Windows would be shift + restore otherwise the directions are the same.