It is strange going into a pot shop in .

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by steve knight, Oct 4, 2015.

1. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

I was never interested in pot and have never tried it. but my wife wanted to try something to help her sleep something with cbd's so she would not get high. felt strange going in and I got carded even though I am 50 or so with gray hair. the smell was almost overwhelming and I could find the place by smell (my wife is blind so she could home in on it without help) She has asthma and we both hate the stink and wanted to get something edible. but I found out you can't buy anything but unprocessed pot right now till around the first of the year.

I did not want to try to make pot butter till She had tried it and see how it helped her. so we hoped on the bus and went overt Washington and checked the place out. it is so strange so see pot out in the open and all the candy and such. hey they even have pot personal lube.

So we got her some tincture and some hard candies and some soothing gel. the tincture is cheap 10 doses for 15 the lady is spend at 4.00 a pop. I guess tax is 45% all cash no cards. it was so weird buying it and walking around with it and riding the bus with it. I guess legally we were breaking the law since you are not supposed to transport it across state lines enough though it is legal in both states. I think making it legal will help in the long run but I sure don’t care for it myself. it was just a strange experience that I never thought I would do.

2. Meister Suspended

Meister

Using pot for sleeping is a terrible idea.

While thc does raise melatonin levels it also has countless other side effects.

You can just buy melatonin instead or try a change in lifestyle.

3. shinji macrumors 65816

shinji

First time can be strange...

Glad to hear it worked for your wife, though.

4. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

Only got the cbd stuff it has been while since she took melatonin but it dud nit seem to help. It is sine Heath problems that can cause her tp not sleep restless leg a racing heart. It can't hurt to try it she has seziues and I know it can help there.

5. sim667 macrumors 65816

Did it help her at all?

I know 2 people who suffer with MS, and have started smoking it, and both say it helps them profoundly day to day, much more than their perscribed medication does.

Its still illegal here though.

You can get pre-made oils, maybe see if the shop can get you that? You can also look at vaporising, that may be ok buy your wife if she's asthmatic. It basically turns the THC etc into water vapour like an e-cigarette

6. charlesbronsen macrumors 6502a

charlesbronsen

such as? I'm curious

7. localoid macrumors 68020

localoid

Surely they wouldn't have called it "Reefer Madness" without good reason?

8. Meister Suspended

Meister

To name a few:

Short term:

• hallucinations
    • impairment of cognitive functions

Long term:
    • cardiac and cerebral abnormalities
    • psychosis
    • schizophrenia

9. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

How long have you been getting high?

10. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

I'm looking forward to going somewhere where it's legal so that I can try it for my neuropathy, since that's one of the diagnoses specifically approved for medical marijuana use.

11. sim667 macrumors 65816

These are not an absolute..... There are many prolonged users who show no signs of any of these.

12. Meister Suspended

Meister

The short term effects are absolute.

13. localoid macrumors 68020

localoid

What's your source for this info?

14. sim667 macrumors 65816

No they're not.

You're just scaremongering, because you don't know any different ;)

15. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

she did to need it well she had trouble getting back to sleep at 4 this morning after the dog wanted out. but she did to want to see how it worked so close to the time to get up. we have heard edibles are fast or they take 2 hours or so.

16. haxrnick macrumors 6502a

haxrnick

Same could be said for lifelong cigarette smokers with no signs of cancer. I'm simply playing devil's advocate as I think it should be legal in all 50 states. That's just the libertarian in me.

17. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    For the former, I'm assuming you've never smoked weed before. It's not an hallucinogenic. The latter? Yeah, but that's a problem inherit with any mood altering substance or medication.

I'll say this much, it's considerably safer than alcohol or Ambien.

The first I can't comment on, since I don't know much about that, but the latter two? It doesn't causes psychosis or schizophrenia, but it can exacerbate these problems in people already suffering from them.

Schizophrenia isn't something you can catch like a cold. You have to have a genetic predisposition for it to be at risk.

18. charlesbronsen macrumors 6502a

charlesbronsen

LOL- sounds like you got your info from Reefer Madness

19. Meister Suspended

Meister

20. Meister Suspended

Meister

21. shinji macrumors 65816

shinji

Try it. You won't hallucinate, and no link is going to change that.

22. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

His link, at least the first part, does pretty well describe the effects of being high. Time being drawn out in your head, and distances being distorted could be considered "hallucinogenic".

Though considering I've dropped acid once (and will never, ever do it again), I'd say it's a pretty loose usage of the term.

23. localoid macrumors 68020

localoid

By that definition, watching an engrossing 3D movie in a theater would be a "hallucinogenic" experience. ;)

24. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

It was, like, in my face, man. All hovering there, making me get all wiggy...

25. localoid macrumors 68020

localoid

I started reading a book last night and suddenly, and very expectantly, a mental picture of what I was reading about flashed before my mind's eye...

It was frightening!