It is time for Massachusetts to lead the political revolution

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by thewap, Mar 1, 2016.

1. thewap macrumors demi-god

thewap

So I have been watching Bernie's speech, wished he did better this super tuesday, but he sure got the younger generation going.

The confusing thing about Bernie though, is while I am sure he wants to leave a legacy of having started a *revolution* against big bro. - if he loses to HRC he will then support her?... HRC is the epitome of what he has been fighting against his whole life... doesn't make sense.

The other thing I noticed, is that during her victory speech, HRC 's narrative started to sound a lot like Bernie's and Trump's platform all of a sudden....o_O

2. shinji macrumors 65816

shinji

I hope he doesn't. I'd like to believe he has more integrity than that, but you never know with politicians. He'll be under a lot of pressure from the Democratic establishment to do so.

3. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

He owes the establishment and the DNC nothing.

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Bernie will be an enthusiastic Hillary supporter. The DNC may be a **** show but the RNC's **** show smells much, much worse.

5. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

That's not the best measure of Bernie's principles.

Hillary is everything he is against. If he fails to get the nomination he should simply walk away. Becoming a Hillary supporter undermines everything he's been saying for decades. It would be a slap in the face to his supporters and the cause itself.

6. FieldingMellish Suspended

7. Meister Suspended

Meister

... of course she does.

She's a sociopath and she'll say and do whatever it takes.

I don't care what they say - I look at their actions.

Trump is a successfull, independent businessman with a clean slate.

Sanders has a voting record that shows integrity.

Hitlary has commited crimes against humanity.

Pretty much a no-brainer for any decent, half-informed person.

8. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Hillary and Trump? I guess Massachusetts can no longer call itself one of the more educated states. What an embarrassment.

9. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

That's why I don't like Hillary. She's a chameleon. She's running against Bernie and all of a sudden, look! She's such a progressive person! Yeah, right.

Personally I believe Bernie will stick around all the way until the convention, even if it looks like a lost cause, and there are three good reasons why he should:
    1. Something could happen to Hillary -- a development in the e-mail case, some other scandal, whatever -- that makes the party want to drop her like a hot potato. After all, the worst case scenario is that the Democrats lose to Trump.
    2. National polls show that Bernie could actually beat the Republican candidate by a few more points than Hillary could. So if the scenario in (1) should occur, he'd be the super-obvious go-to choice.
    3. Just having his name and his delegates entered into the convention will show the Democratic party that there is a significant portion of its base that is sick of the party's current center-right, Wall Street-hugging position.
    And if Hillary does get the nod (as she almost certainly will), I personally think Bernie won't go quietly off into the sunset. I think he'll become an even bigger gadfly than he already is, pushing for her and the party to move more to the left.

10. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

You've summed it up quite accurately.

Bubba's bride is one of the worst things to happen to America.

11. FieldingMellish Suspended

Walking staggeringly forward with berserk bug eyes like the Clintonstein she is. :) Hollering with a coughing hoarse voice about her chances *cough cough* of winning *cough*

12. thewap thread starter macrumors demi-god

thewap

I think it is pretty obvious by now how the neocons of the RNC are completely hostile to Trump, as Trump is not willing to sell out and is an outsider. Anyone else than Trump is the establishment IMO.

13. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

When Clinton is indicted it will be Trump v. Trump

14. Populism macrumors regular

Populism

She won't be indicted. And she'll become this county's best president ever who doesn't have a security clearance.