It is time to laugh at all the people that thought the leaks were real

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by benlee, Jun 9, 2008.

1. benlee macrumors 65816

benlee

Now do you know why it is not good to believe people that randomly show in in threads saying they have inside information that there will be two versions of the iPhone and there will be video conferencing and a 3.2 MP camera?

Or that iChat is coming to Windows and there will be a red iphone?

Or that mysterious boxes were being shipped and in them contained gray iphones with front camera?

next time stick to stories with reliable sources.

2. cycocelica macrumors 68000

cycocelica

did i miss something?

welcome to the rumor mill my friend.

3. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

Well, at least some of them were accurate (the 3G iPhone looks just like the one in an early picture... the one on the MBP with the shiny black back), but really, with a rumors website, they can't all be true... if any :D

Oh, and hahahahahahaha at all of you that believed the rumors... for the sake of the OP.

4. Bobdude161 macrumors 65816

Bobdude161

my only question is; What was in those "secret boxes"? :confused:

5. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

Perhaps a demo iPhone?

I don't know, I'm fairly skeptical when it comes to n00bs posting threads claiming to have a leaked product. I mean, you never know, they could be telling the truth.

But yeah, take pretty much everything you hear on this forum with a grain of salt.

6. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Someone said butter.... in fact there are pictures floating around of the butter!!! :)

7. tytanic11 macrumors member

This is Mac Rumors - you have to take everything with a huge grain of salt. Of course some rumors always turn out to be true, some are partially true, and some are pulled out of someone's a**. I do agree that people who post rumors based on no real information, or intentionally misrepresent the information they have, are annoying and detrimental to the community.
    BTW, I'm guessing that those boxes are demo 3G iPhones.

8. mac 2005 macrumors 6502a

mac 2005

Damn! And I was having such a nice time on the back of that turnip truck. :rolleyes:

9. benfilan macrumors 6502

benfilan

Cute kittens

Attached Files:

10. Sideonecincy macrumors 6502

Rumors are half the fun. People who take time to mock up a fake product and post them on here make the product release more interesting. So you possibly believed that a product might have been redesigned and you were wrong...big deal.

How boring would the keynotes be if we knew everything that was going to happen and had no surprises. There would be no suspense, surprises or letdowns.

Go ahead, create more fake products, try to pass it off as legitimate...it gets us talking.

11. Klaxons2012 macrumors regular

I just loved all of the n00b slices getting all suicidal over the talk of software development...at a developer's conference!

12. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Ok, but can I laugh at you for liking Ben Lee?

13. hotzenplotz macrumors regular

Hahaha, good one.