It looks like Verizon is getting a timed exclusive on the gold color

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Phonzoxd, Sep 19, 2013.

1. Phonzoxd macrumors 6502

Is this true?

Verizon reps are saying they have gold available and ATT folks on here are saying ATT only have Space Gray.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I heard the gold Verizon 5S can do talk and use data at the same time....

3. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

No

----------

and is faster thanks to the gold paint :D

4. DaGrandMastah macrumors 6502a

I love these forums whenever a new iphone is announced all the way through it's release. No offense to the OP as this isn't directed at him but it's like walking into the Star Wars cantina.

To answer the OP though...absolutely not.

5. marm115 macrumors newbie

Just got off the phone with a local Verizon store and they DID say that they will have a number of white and gold, but no gray. She allowed that some grays could still arrive today, as the business day is not yet over. But still. Frustrating.

6. Zimmy68 macrumors 65816

Zimmy68

You can go ahead and offend the OP.

The basis of this thread is that he heard from others that Verizon has stock of gold and from others that AT&T only has one color available.

From those facts, he gleened that Apple and Verizon made some secret handshake deal for the gold color.

He didn't post it as a question, he mentioned timed exclusion.

I guess that thread title is much sexier then "Will Verizon be the only way to find the gold 5s?"

7. blue rocket macrumors 6502

blue rocket

I just went into a Verizon store... nobody there. Asked him if they had Gold 64GB's his reply was, don't bother coming tomorrow. He did say hint that they had the Gray and a few in Gray in 64 GB.

8. mizvalorie macrumors member

My AT&T store has Gold and Silver but in limited supply they said.

9. MsRandall macrumors 6502a

MsRandall

I know 2 of the managers for Verizon stores in area both said no gold in any capacity ..Called Apple store and the girl was not nice- I am sure we were bugging her all day about iphone 5s inventory...she would not tell me anything...

I think I am gonna order online at Apple...It will come in a week I hope.

10. AutoUnion39 macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

I heard that T-Mobile is getting an exclusive magenta color 5S and Sprint is getting an exclusive yellow one.

11. barr377 macrumors newbie

called the local verizon store yesterday and the guy wouldn't say anything....just called again and a different guy picked up and said that yes, they have the 32gb gold version. Asked if their supply was limited and he said no they have a good amount...fingers crossed

12. racer1441 macrumors 68000

Biggest thing to remember is that Verizon is a bunch if theives and liars.

13. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

I would take this with a grain of salt. A rep can tell you pretty much anything on the phone if it means it'll get you in their store, and you'll have no way to prove if they were lying or not. You could show up and find no gold iPhones at all... and if you manage to find the rep you spoke with on the phone, he could just say they sold out between your call and the time you arrived.

Of course, the motive is that once you're there, all set to get an iPhone 5S, they hope that you might be more willing to not wait on the Gold 32GB model you wanted but they don't have, and maybe get a Space Gray 32GB or 16GB... if that's all they have.

I wouldn't be that tactless about it. But I would say that sales reps at all cellular retail stores have employees whose paycheck sizes are driven by how many phones they activate. They are not your friend. Ultimately, they want your cash. And there are some who feel that if they have to fib a little to get it, even if it means not giving you exactly what you wanted going in, well...

This is why I just order online now. So what if I'm not getting an iPhone 5S in my hands right this minute? I'm fine with that because I know that I'm not dealing with the store reps, and I'm the one opening the box and activating my phone when it gets here around October 1.

14. mightygitis macrumors 6502

mightygitis

Considering at my apple the only gold was ATT I'm gonna say for sure this isn't the case.

15. jfreak623 macrumors 6502

my best buy had 1 64gb gold that was verizon. the rest of the stock was black.