It may be on cheap Chinese phones, but it is finally coming...

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by Lloydbm41, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Lloydbm41 macrumors 68040

Lloydbm41

2. cube macrumors G5

I saw this today. I would be interested if it were Sony, for example, but not with a non-removable battery.

3. mclld macrumors 68000

4. Lloydbm41 thread starter macrumors 68040

Lloydbm41

Not in China. It will be a good alternative OS. If a company like HUAWEI comes on board, then it really has a shot.

There are some really unique features that come with Ubuntu. Execution is key!

5. cube macrumors G5

I tell you, not digging this Unity thing in Ubuntu desktop. I installed GNOME back.

6. bmxracer macrumors member

bmxracer

Looks promising. I am definitely interested, hopefully a large company gets on board and releases a U.S. version.

7. Ddyracer macrumors 68000

Ddyracer

I tired the Ubuntu rom for the N7 2013 earlier in the year. Did not care for it.

8. DeathTheKid macrumors member

DeathTheKid

Me too. There was a little bit of a learning curve. From what I saw, it still seemed to be in alpha. The terminal app showed a distorted screen that looked like someone was video taping the terminal from their desktop.

At one point they were talking about running desktop apps and being able to dock it into a full desktop. Also, they said there would be a side by side app feature. I didn't see any of that yet.