It still feels like I'm using a 4" display

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by yaboyac29, Oct 5, 2014.

1. yaboyac29 macrumors 6502a

I have the 6 but the fact that 99% of my apps aren't even updated for it, it still feels like my screen is a 4" display

Anyone else?

2. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

Yeah, coming from Galaxy S4, I can't believe how small some of the text is on my 6. My parents would never be able to use this phone. They have Galaxies.

3. questionmark32 macrumors regular

You can increase the text size, so that shouldn't be a reason why they couldn't use the phone.

4. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

No, you cannot increase text size everywhere. Like inputting safari searches or web sites or inputting Apple maps addresses and MANY other places. Coming from my galaxy, it's really small. Nowhere on the galaxy is text so tiny. So it is a reason.

5. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

What's your point? Wait for optimized app....
    But if you open Safari you can feel the advantage of a bigger screen right now.

6. iolinux333 macrumors 68000

I'm still astonished at the teeny text allowed in iOS with no way to force a default larger size. I think it's driving a lot of the older 40+ year olds to Android, which never ever had text that small.

7. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

You can increase text dimensions almost everywhere.
    You could always came back to your fantastic galaxy S4 if you wish....

----------

Am I the only one able to increase text size under iOS? Or maybe I'm the only one here who actually searched for the settings.....

8. Bacong macrumors 68000

Bacong

I see people with text so big on their iPhones that I can reasonably read it from across the room

9. Harmonious Zen macrumors 6502a

Care to answer the previous person's complaint about not being able to increase text sizes everywhere?

10. chemdawg macrumors member

Wow, really? Settings-->Display & Brightness-->Text Size

11. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

As I've already stated, you can max out the text size in settings, but in areas the text will not be increased at all. Both in Apple apps and in third party apps. Read my previous post and try before getting all obnoxious and wrong.

The only way to make these areas larger is to use zoom, which makes everything else ridiculously big. No text was ever too small on my galaxy...or on my ipad.

----------

If someone criticizes the iPhone you tell them to go back to Android. You are very objective and informed.

12. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

That only increases text size in some places, not all.

However, people should try the new zoomed mode in the 6 and 6 plus. (Settings, Display & Brightness, Display Zoom). I'm using it, and it's so good I've been doing a lot more reading on my iPhone now.

13. cynics macrumors G4

How do you feel the quality of the screen looks overall with zoom mode on?

14. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

Indeed, especially if someone came here to tell us how good his galaxy S4 (one of the worst phone ever) was....

15. Jayson A macrumors 68000

16. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I totally love it, I think it's a superb improvement over the 5s. Perhaps people with perfect vision would see some fuzz, but *I* don't. The whole phone looks sharp and clear and very comfortable to use. I was on the fence about upgrading from the 5s, but once I saw the 6 in zoom mode, I said no way am I going back! :D

17. Romy90210 macrumors 6502

18. yaboyac29 thread starter macrumors 6502a

It's taking them too long. Developers are fixing bugs but not supporting the bigger screens.

19. jpeg42 macrumors 6502a

jpeg42

Oh ffs, get out of here with that garbage.

All the poster said is text was small compared to the Galaxy. Calling it the worst phone ever shows you incapable of having a valid opinion on anything.

20. aldo82 macrumors regular

I left the iPhone a few years back because of the small screen and small fonts. Part of me would like to come back but having checked out my dad's iPhone 6 plus, I still think the font is too small compared to android and dynamic text doesn't work on everything whereas it pretty much does on android. Display zoom is a nice idea but I think there is a big difference between using an app designed for a small screen enlarged, and using an app designed for a big screen but with larger font. I feel that one could miss out on features by using display zoom and apple should just make dynamic text size an essential feature of apps. Of course they don't apply it in all of their own so why would 3rd party developers?

21. pumperx macrumors newbie

i also wish the text in safari can be bigger. It is indeed too small and not enough option to change it.

22. Rockies macrumors 6502

Try loading the Apple website, the font is ridiculously too small. Hopefully they figure a way to remove some bezel and make the screen larger to 5".

23. Hexiii macrumors 65816

Hexiii

No, everybody else's apps are updated... maybe the developers don't like you.

24. sheldomacrumors macrumors member

Applications are a mess! Let's be honest this is the only reason I have the iPhone, amazing applications and they are solid performance wise however developers ideally need to update there applications as soon as possible. :apple:

25. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Although apps are a mess, it doesn't feel like I'm using a 4" display..