It took me two whole weeks to lose my Airpod case

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by dmaxdmax, Jan 9, 2018.

1. dmaxdmax macrumors 6502a

dmaxdmax

Not the airpods, just the charging case. 98% chance that it's somewhere around the house. Meanwhile, they're dead.

Sigh...

2. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

Well I have lost things faster but I was surprised to only loose one earbud after almost a year the right after replacing it I found it

3. eyeseeyou macrumors 68030

Yeah I was thinking of attaching one of those tile key finders to it just in case.

Really a no brainer feature to add.

4. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

If it's in the house, then you have a chance of finding it. However, even if you don't, you might be able to find a used Charging Case on eBay or the $69 option for a new one through Apple.

5. dmaxdmax thread starter macrumors 6502a

dmaxdmax

6. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

If you ever actually lose them check to see if your CC offers "lost" protection. Many AMEX and Visa signature/platinum cards offer this for the first 90 days after purchase. MC might too but don't have one of those so not familiar with their features.

7. squirrrl macrumors 6502a

squirrrl

what's this have to do with the apple watch?

8. oeagleo macrumors regular

Dude, you need to lay off the bud..... LOL!

9. dmaxdmax thread starter macrumors 6502a

dmaxdmax

Oops.. supposed to be in accessories forum where I’ve been in other AirPod threads.
    Sorry
    --- Post Merged, Jan 12, 2018 ---
    I wish I had an excuse!

10. Volusia macrumors 6502

Volusia

11. mk313 macrumors 6502a

You might want to buy one of those tiles that you can attach to it to let you find it later, like where’s my iPhone for other gadgets.

12. CobraPA macrumors 6502a

Or get one of those little cases for the Airpods case with a clip/carabiner attached. Then clip it to something and leave it there.

13. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

14. enduro0125 macrumors regular

enduro0125

15. Shirasaki macrumors 604

Shirasaki

It just does not work well most of the time, even when AirPods are literally near the iPhone.

16. TMRJIJ macrumors 68030

TMRJIJ

Did you check the Sofa? I would laugh so hard if they're all under the couch cushions.

17. twinlight macrumors 6502

twinlight

I’m really bummed that Apple didn’t add better tracking to the case and also no activation lock. That would have been amazing!

Lost my AirPods a few days ago and while Find my iPhone did have their somewhat recent location saved it was way off. It had saved the location one minute before I climbed into my car and drove home. Last location was actually at home where my girlfriend found them in her jeans the day after.

18. tl01 macrumors 68000

Waiting in line at the Apple store to replace my lost AirPod:(. First lost one... only had them since Sept. hopefully I will find it once I replace it. I bet it went through the laundry:(.

19. mk313 macrumors 6502a

If it did go through the laundry, try using it anyways. There is a lot of speculation online that the air pods are more or less waterproof. Apple doesn’t advertise them as such, but many people have said that theirs were fine after getting soaked/ through the wash, etc.

20. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

The AirPods themselves might survive, but the battery pack likely will not. It depends what was actually subjected to water.

21. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

the problem is the case they are so "slippery". I always try to be comfy and i wear a lot gym shorts, sweat pants and those things slide right out of the pockets. When I first got them it was in the late spring and wearing gym shorts those things would constantly be sliding out especially in my car. I know it sounds ridiculous to put a case on a case but i found the Podskinz on amazon to be a game changer. It adds a bit of grip and doesn't slide out so easily.

22. mk313 macrumors 6502a

Completely agree that the case likely wouldn’t survive. It sounded to me like the previous poster was replacing a lost AirPod, not the case.

23. tl01 macrumors 68000

Good idea! It was just the left pod that was lost. If I find it I will totally try to use it. Thanks!

24. dmaxdmax thread starter macrumors 6502a

dmaxdmax

25. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

No I lost like three whole AirPods case and all.

Two were stolen, the last one I was at the US Embassy they took my phones and my AirPods. Got my phones out on the way out but they didn’t give me my AirPods and I forgot myself until I had already left.