It's 12:30 AM and I am camped in front of the 5th Ave Apple Store

Steven1621

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 10, 2003
Connecticut
So I made the pilgrimage. Took with train from Connecticut into the city and have joined the faithful patiently waiting the opening the the 5th Ave. store. There are about the 14 others at the present moment. It's a beautiful night; Cool with a light breeze. The cube is amazing. Absolutely amazing at night with the Apple log lit up. I drove home from college early to make it for tonight. I still have a paper to write, thus I'll be frantically trying to postulate a new balance between the state and markets before my battery runs out. Wifi options are plentiful. I'm currently on the Plaza hotel network. Anyway, it is going to be awhile.

Post any questions if you have them. Should be a swell night!

Bubbasteve

macrumors 65816
Dec 23, 2004
Charleston, IL
All I ask is you take alot of pictures...I'm pretty jealous, the pictures I've seen of the store thus far are pretty cool. Have a great time!

MacFan782040

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2003
Scranton, PA
Haha love your dedication buddy. How are you sleeping tonight, sleeping bag? Have you talked with any other Macheads about how great Apple is? Take lots of pics :)

idea_hamster

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2003
NYC, or thereabouts
Bravo!

Some friends of mine and I will be there tomorrow -- I think the first of us will arrive around 1:00pm.

Steven1621 -- you put the "Cult" in Mac Culture! Revel in it!:D

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
I'd be there if I was anywhere near NY. Like everyone else has said, take lots of pictures for us. :)

As a side note, why aren't you using the Apple WiFi? :confused:

Shamus

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2006
EricNau said:
I'd be there if I was anywhere near NY. Like everyone else has said, take lots of pictures for us. :)

As a side note, why aren't you using the Apple WiFi? :confused:
I didnt think the Apple Wifi was on yet?

To the OP of the thread, you are clearly a dedicated Apple fan. :)

truz

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2006
Florida
I wonder where the stores backdoor is for bringing in products..

Lots of pictures please ;) I'll provide space for uploading them all if needed, just PM or email me!

Chundles

macrumors G4
Jul 4, 2005
Do this one thing for me please, from a country with not a single proper AppleStore. As you walk into the cube, put a big ol' fat handprint on it, if you get even more time write "Aussie AppleStore Now - Chundles" underneath it.

Or even better, see if you can find one of those little plastic guys with the sticky hands and feet and as you walk in, just lob the little bugger up to the top of the cube and watch him flip-flop down the glass.

I really want to go there, just to wear a suit and enter the store via the elevator with my hands on my hips and looking off to the right a la Superman.

rockthecasbah

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
Moorestown, NJ
Chundles said:
Or even better, see if you can find one of those little plastic guys with the sticky hands and feet and as you walk in, just lob the little bugger up to the top of the cube and watch him flip-flop down the glass.
Chundles that's the best idea i've ever heard. hahaha i wonder what they'd do to you if they caught you, permanent ban from the store? Call the cops for vandalism? :D

Chundles

macrumors G4
Jul 4, 2005
rockthecasbah said:
permanent ban from the store? Call the cops for vandalism? :D
Wow! Seems a bit harsh for what is really just a bit of larrikinism. If they give you any grief, tell them an aussie told you to do it. If you want I'll send you an mp3 of me saying "crikey copper, have a go at this little bewdy, he's just havin a bit of fun lee-m alone!'