It's a sad sad day for me folks (see my signature)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by auggie2k, Nov 29, 2008.

1. auggie2k macrumors member

auggie2k

I had to return my iPhone 3G. It wasn't faulty, no flaws of any sort and the 3G was amazingly quick for the o2 Network here in Ireland. Unfortunately I had to because I couldn't afford it and I'll tell you why.

I chose the €65 a month option (with the phone for €169) which gives me 350 anytime, any network minutes and 150 any network texts and 1GB download usage per month. Sounds ok so far, the next thing is where is hurts (especially since I was told I'm get one of the options).

Now usually this is where the other offers kick is, like o2 texts for life of free talk and text to all networks on evenings and weekends - nothing, you don't get any of it. I switched from Meteor to o2 and back to Meteor in the matter of 6 days... any longer and they would have charged me for the whole 18 months, a small fee of around €950!

Great phone, but my god - the tarriffs are horrid. I had to sell my 2G to get the 3G, I'm now using a Nokia 6230 :eek:

PS: Anyone got a new black 16GB 3G iPhone for sale, unlocked, very cheap and can be here like... now :p

2. cWeems macrumors 6502a

cWeems

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

That is a shame, but as far as I understand the price was pretty well laid out for you folks who have to put up with such crappy things. I don't agree with the pricing, but that's life right?

I think in general if you know basically what the phone will cost over time, if you can't somehow fit that into your budget, you're better off buying another phone. Hopefully this won't always be the case for people across the pond wishing to own a truly decent phone.

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed, it is much better to live within your means.