It's a shame new Mac Owners will never get to appreciate Snow Leopard

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by FooArk, Jul 21, 2011.

1. FooArk macrumors 6502

It'll be like a story you tell your grandchildren. About the smooth SL. FAST. It worked. It made sense.

This Lion stuff really aint for me man...
    :mad:

2. advan031 macrumors 6502

Lion just came out, what do you expect? lol It's gonna be just as fast as SL when Apple release Liger as their "upgrade/patch":D

3. davedude macrumors member

Lion runs faster on my MacBook Pro with SSD than it did on Snow Leopard.

My whole family loves the "Launchpad" feature and all the cool trackpad gestures -- they all have Windows PC's (but I'm converting them slowly :D )

4. barnetty macrumors member

its funny how no one remembers that almost all .0 versions have come out with some issues that are resolved through updates.

I dont have much memory for SL as when i bought my new mac it already had many updates installed...but i remember installing leopard for the first time on my old mac and boy it was probably worse than anything i have seen here so far.

5. frostmill macrumors newbie

I am a great fan of SL. I just upgraded to Lion and it is annoying to me as well. However, considering it is a new one and its features, Lion will be the Best OS apple ever made. Just wait for them to release the upgraded. The UI is amazing.

6. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

So true. Since one small problem with the installation my experience has been very smooth, and I would say it seems faster than SL (especially 64-bit iTunes!). Some things will take a little getting used to (spaces in a straight line, using launchpad instead of spotlight) but they're not bad, just different.

Some features I don't really see myself using though, like full screen apps... that's why I bought an iMac, so I don't need to do that...

7. monaarts macrumors 65816

Lion is great! The people who don't like it are just those type of people who don't like change. Instead of bitching about it and just turning a feature off (such as natural scrolling), keep it on for a week and see what you think after the week is over.

8. FroMann macrumors 6502

FroMann

Lion just came out and has no updates, your always going to run into problems with a software launch and have to rely on your customers for feedback.

9. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

What, now we have rites of passage for Mac OS releases?

(thumbs back through timemachine in brain to recall similar mournful wailings over System 7... 9... Tiger.... )

So skip the Lion adventure for now. Your next hardware will have some version of it installed already, and you'll probably like it better.

10. Guardsix macrumors member

Guardsix

Geesh, how can you make an assessment of a new operating system that's only been out for a day? I went through WindowsME, Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7 and survived. Now I think I can surely survive Lion.

BTW, I just bought my Macbook Pro 15" on 28 June 2011. I'm just getting used to the whole OS X thing but I can tell you that it's a lot better than what I've used in the past, i.e., Windows XXXX!

Give Lion a chance...I'm sure it'll just ROAR someday! :)