It's all about Reader..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by marcovortex, Oct 19, 2011.

1. marcovortex macrumors member

marcovortex

iOS 5 is a great update IMHO.
    Lots of great new features I'm sure most of us who read these forums already know about. The surprise sleeper of a hit for me has to me Reader. It transforms reading news and articles on my iPhone 4 from good in a pinch when I'm away from my other devices, to an absolutely amazing experience. I love how apple can use, what most consider on the small size these days, a 3.5" display and make it perfectly usable.
    I was on the side of people wanting a larger screen on my phone. Part of me still thinks it would be nice to have a bigger screen in the future but Apple has done a stand up job of using what they have and making it a joy to use and read on.
    Yes, I'm kinda a fan boy of Apple. But I was so truly amazed by Reader I wanted to share. If you haven't yet check it out for yourself and let me know if you agree.

2. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

3. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

4. smotheredhope macrumors regular

+100000000000

5. monkeylui macrumors 6502

I agree reader is great. For those articles you just want to get all the distractions out of the way. I also still use Instapaper, but I use it for those articles that I want to hold onto, tips & tricks type articles, how-to's etc. I also use reading list for those one hit articles also if I can't get to it right away.

6. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

Yep, but it's called Reading List.

I personally love Reader as well. It makes the web on the iPhone much more pleasant.

7. Carl Sagan macrumors 6502a

Carl Sagan

Reader is very nice along with Reading List for those of us that don't need much more than their basic functionality.