It's along story i just wanna get my iphone 3GS WORK!! PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Ilyass, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Ilyass macrumors newbie

Hello guys
    i just bought an used iphone 3gs with iOS 4.1 Jailbroken and unlocked, everything goes freaking awesome, till i clicked on update my iphone in itunes, it downloaded 4.2.1 and installed it but when it reboot it tells me that my SIM card not the original one, and it stuck in the itunes logo and usb cable, so i searched on youtube how to unlock and jailbreak, after i did all steps it stuck in apple logo, after too many tries won't work, but i fixed by booting with redsn0w because this jailbreak tethered, i didn't know that, so i fixed all this ****, and i installed unltrasn0w by Cydia to unlock that what the video said, i installed by (cyder i dont have wifi) i reboot it two times by redsn0w as u know it's tethered jailbreak after i reboot it, it gives me searching.. after that it gives me No service
    NOW!! i need your help to just make it work, if there is another way to unlock it, tell me how, if no, you should help me about how i can downgrade to 4.1 with Untethered jailbreak and easy way to unlock it
    please i really wanna your help
    and thanks so much

2. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

I could barely read your incomprehensible mess, but from what I could tell you were an idiot and upgraded your phone's iOS.
    You're probably on 4.2.1 now. If you need the unlock, you have to install the ipad bb when you jb. After you've done your jb, you install ultrasnow to unlock the phone.
    Whenever you have to restart your phone or the springboard in Cydia, you will have to boot tethered. You need the computer and redsnow to start your phone.
    From now on, you can no longer upgrade via itunes. You must use a custom firmware. Otherwise, your phone will go wonky like when you screwed up before.

3. Boereman macrumors member

Boereman

:d

4. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

What is the baseband on your 3GS? Ultrasn0w only work with baseband lower than 05.14 or if you install Ipad baseband 06.15.

If you are using T-Mobile, then you need to switch off the 3G. Go to "Setting", "General", "Network", then turn the "Enable 3G" to off position.