It's Apple Watch week! (maybe?) — Are you excited?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by benguild, Apr 19, 2015.

1. benguild macrumors 6502a

To be honest, I'm sort of disappointed.

The reasons are mainly that I bought the watch for software development, didn't get the band configuration I wanted because of delays (and needed it soon), don't think the product can live up to its hype, am still concerned not about what the battery life that's reported is but what MY actual battery life will be, and don't want to have to show it and demo it to absolutely everyone else who is curious about it but hasn't actually done any research.

Still, we don't even know when they'll arrive! Hopefully we'll know soon.

2. edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

My Apple watch week isn't until June but I am excited to finally see this thing in the hands of actual users and not just speculators and dreamers.

3. largefarrva macrumors 6502a

My wife and I are in the May 13-27 group so we won't be seeing our watches for a few more weeks yet. What I'm mostly excited about is seeing shipping updates with hopes that orders will start showing more definitive shipping dates. The whole 2 week window for everyone is definitely a buzzkill for me at least. I hope this isn't the trend that Apple wants to move towards for all future product releases. Definitely takes some of the fun out of being an early adopter.

4. melman101 macrumors 68030

I'm in the same boat. I have hopes and dreams that our shipping dates will move up. Again, it's nothing but hopes and dreams LOL.

5. Swisspo macrumors regular

Swisspo

I'm willing to bet the early May dates move up.

6. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Not so sure as Apple is having to ramp up production and that takes time. Hope you are right but . . . . . . .

7. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

excited and nervous at the same time. I have the first window 4/24 - 5/8, and I really hope to get it on Friday. I ordered what appears to be the least popular based on ship time slippage, the 38mm SS classic buckle. I really feel like I was one of the first people to order that combination. I got my order through with a confirmation email of 12:01 PST.

8. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

Wife and I are in the first group so I am STOKED for delivery THIS FRIDAY!!!!! Once I see some sort of delivery notification for Friday I will be even taking the day off so that is another reason to be excited!!!

Come on Apple don't let me down! :apple:

Now about those "May" sport band deliveries! Any chance we can make those May 1st? :D

9. Arran macrumors 601

Arran

Yeah, I think this forum is going to get a LOT more interesting.

10. Phima256 macrumors regular

I'm super excited, but I know that will wane when I get it. Not that I will be disappointed, but that the long wait is finally over (been waiting a long time as many of you have). I will be excited to see how it all works though. I work mostly from home so the wifi network connection to my phone and taking calls from my watch is especially what I hope works well. It will be a huge productivity benefit.

I bought the 38mm SS Link at 3:02am with May 13-27 dates, then bought the 38mm Milanese Loop with the same stamp at 3:02am and got the April 24-May 8 dates.

11. Swisspo macrumors regular

Swisspo

One would have to believe that those with orders placed literally as soon as the store opened would have to receive on launch day, as it would only make sense lol. Of course I've seen posts with people ordering 3 minutes after and already given a 4-6 week range, myself included ;(.. Hopefully things will start to tighten up within the next day or 2

12. cbird007 macrumors regular

cbird007

My birthday is Saturday the 25th, so I really hope it turns out to be a great week. My ship "range" is 4/24-5/8. It would be awesome to have mine delivered on the front part of that shipping window. Although it would be great to have it on the 24th, having it delivered on my birthday would be cool. I've waited this long, so what's one more day. Happy Apple Watch week everyone.

13. Diginari macrumors regular

My delivery is in May, but I am excited to see the open boxing video's and all of the reviews so I can learn about the watch before mine arrives.

14. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

Couldn't care less about the Apple Watch. For me this is like a Samsung product. Wants to achieve too much, is slow and totally cluttered. I cannot support Apple in this, even if I love their products. Steve would never let the Apple Watch get out of their labs..

15. edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

Wow. Thank you Debbie downer#

16. MH01 Suspended

MH01

I'm excited by it arriving potentially this week, but disappointed that I may not decide to keep it after 14 days, still not sure about wearables . We will see.

17. wxnats macrumors 6502a

I'm in the 2nd wave of delivery but still very excited to see the Watch coming out this week. I hope my leather loop (Delivers May) arrives around the same time as my SG sport.

18. joshcls macrumors 6502

joshcls

19. SMIDG3T Suspended

SMIDG3T

Tell me, why do you "need" the watch?

20. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

You know, there is nothing wrong liking the Apple Watch. I also think though that people should stop accepting everything that Apple produces, just because it's from Apple.
    Just try to remember what Apple is (was) about. Remember what Steve Jobs used to say.
    Then try to see and examine Apple's line-up. The only confusing product that Apple has is the Apple Watch. Everything else is intuitive and simple...

21. Arran macrumors 601

Arran

I have my doubts, but I'm keeping an open mind. It's a technological marvel for sure and although Apple missed on some key requirements for me, I think there's still a lot to get excited about.

It's going to drive some really informed discussion.

22. largefarrva macrumors 6502a

It's only confusing to use because it's the only product in Apple's line-up that hasn't ever been used before. Once everyone starts using it and gets a little bit of experience with it, it will be just as intuitive as any other product we use on a daily basis. You think everyone knew every in-and-out of the iPhone when it was first released? Same with any computer with OS X installed? Hell, even the apple TV?

In due time we won't see anything confusing or non-intuitive about the Apple watch. I'm willing to bet that it's going to become more like second nature to the majority of us.

23. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

Why is it a marvel? Where is the difference to other SmartWatches?
    I am not saying that this isn't a nice device but I wouldn't go as far as believing it to be a marvel.

24. lsutigerfan1976 macrumors 68020

I would suspect a lot of moment after the initial batch is sent out. Someone on here made two good points. That after that first wave of ppl pre ordering. There isn't as many ppl wanting the product that seem to be ordering from there on. Also, many ppl have cancelled their orders also. So if you take into account that there isn't as many on that second wave of orders, and those that cancelled an existing order. You end up with extra watches. And they got to go somewhere.

I do think they screwed up, and wouldn't have had as many issues had they sold the watch and bands separate. Because you may had some ppl on backorder base on the band/watch combo they chose. But had they sold both separate. They could have had at least sent those ppl their watch, and let them choose a separate band in the meantime.

25. shandyman Suspended

Just because you don't like it, does not mean that it shouldn't be made. There are plenty of people that like it and find a use for it. There were people saying what you did about the iPhone, the iPad and look at those...