It's as good as real, here's the Iphone 5 - Video

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DanteMann, Sep 3, 2012.

1. DanteMann macrumors 6502

Ok so this is as good as proof you will get for the few doubters still out there. Here's another prototype of the next iphone, this one gets turned on.

Video

2. zachnelson macrumors 6502a

No two tone? Matte black back?

That thing looks sick.

3. 0dev macrumors 68040

0dev

For those who don't want to waste time, skip to 2:53 for the part where it's actually turned on.

IMO this prototype, if it is indeed real, is ugly. This mockup looks much nicer.

4. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

It might be the physical dimensions but I doubt that's the color scheme.

5. malias4 macrumors 6502a

malias4

Why then it needs itunes to start up?
    Maybe prototypes do?
    Or it run ios 3 :D or its just a hiphone!

6. zachnelson macrumors 6502a

Prototypes. If it really is a prototype, it's probably remote locked, and when connected to iTunes it will be remote bricked.

7. cynics macrumors G4

Main thing I liked about the iPhone was its aspect ratio. So much better for reading while 16:9 is better for movies and games. Only thing I really wanted was a screen that would display bigger text for less eye strain. Changing the aspect while maintaining width will only allow for more small text not larger text...

8. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

That could be a case covering the real 2012 iPhone; just like the iPhone 4 was in a 3GS case during its testing period. From a distance, it looks like an iPhone 4/4S so no one would be the wiser.

9. zachnelson macrumors 6502a

I can only dream!

10. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

Something looks weird with the new dock connector cut out in the video. Too big, mishaped, or something.

11. Rizzm macrumors 6502a

This design is beautiful. I love the flush rounded edges all around. It lacks the steel band around the side so it truly has a unibody appearance. This is the phone I'm hoping for!

Good find.

12. Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

Huh? Why not just turn it sideways? The text could then be larger for reading etc. :cool:

13. vikingjunior macrumors 65816

vikingjunior

14. cynics macrumors G4

No more eye strain, just hand cramps from so much scrolling.

[​IMG]

But seriously, I read a lot of PDF files with wiring schematics and portrait always works better for me because like the exaggerated pic above you just can't see enough.

I used to think apples aspect ratio was dumb but for reading I think it's perfect.

As a side note. With an elongated screen I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything by not upgrading. :)

15. nickchallis92 macrumors 6502a

nickchallis92

that's definitely real, is too good to be fake.

4S looks much nicer, it has to be said

16. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

17. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

Sure, then you'd get carpal tunnel from all the scrolling you'd have to do. It's absolutely claustrophobic using the iPhone in landscape.

Back to the video: I'm curious where all the back seams went. If the back is one piece metal, how can the antenna signals get out? Unless the back is, in fact, polycarbonate.

Then again, a prototype doesn't have to work 100%..

18. 0dev macrumors 68040

0dev

It could be a prototype that won't be the same as what they'll actually release though. I say that because it looks very unpolished, it looks like an early design to me. The other leaks with the two tone design look far more finished.

19. 1080p macrumors 68020

1080p

This video is fake in the fact that when he turns on the screen, he does not move the phone at all. He holds it completely still so that he can edit in the apple and Connect to iTunes screen later in post production. Lets see him turn on the screen and move the phone around while he has it on!