macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 19, 2010
Fort Wayne, IN
to the minute since I picked up my 6+.

It's straight.

Place it on the desk, no wobble.

Put a straight edge against it, no gap.

I've carried it in the pocket of my khakis every day. I've even left it there while I sat down in my truck.

I'm thinking about placing it in my curio cabinet for about 6 months and then pulling it out and putting it on ebay. I'm thinking it might be the only unbent 6+ left in the world by then, and I can sell it for millions! :eek:

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX

It's straight.

I've carried it in the pocket of my khakis every day. I've even left it there while I sat down in my truck.

I'm thinking about placing it in my curio cabinet for about 6 months and then pulling it out and putting it on ebay. I'm thinking it might be the only unbent 6+ left in the world by then, and I can sell it for millions! :eek:
Sounds like your camera is defective then... ;)

Tzuten

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2011
I fell asleep last night, and slept on my phone. It was wedged under my hip as I was laying sideways. When I awoke and became aware I did get a sense of worry as I grab the phone and carefully inspected it. No bends...

JeremyE

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2012
Thanks for letting us know, and to be honest, the defects are at such a low number, if everyone made a thread saying theirs is fine, there would be a ton, and there's more than there needs to be already.

eyoungren

macrumors Core
Aug 31, 2011
ten-zero-eleven-zero-zero by zero-two
It's been 2 years, 16 days and 20.5 hours…

It's straight.

to the hour since I received my iPhone 5 from UPS.

It's straight.

I've carried it in the side pocket of my cargo jeans every day. I've never left it there though while I sat down in my car.

I'm thinking about using it for about the amount of time it takes me to finally get off Sprint and over to T-Mobile. I have never had and never will have any plans of putting it up on ebay. I'm thinking it might be one of millions out there of unbent iPhone 5's left in the world by now, and I will never sell it for the millions I might think it's worth! :eek:

TRC-WA

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2014
It's been 10 days and 19 hours since my 6+ was delivered...

... and 8 days 13 hours since I got laid.

Girlfriend was out of town this week. :eek: But hey, my iPhone didn't get scratched or bent so life is good.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
The cool thing about everyone posting how their phone isn't bent in some clever cheeky way is that...um...oh, there is no cool thing.

Surf Monkey

macrumors 68030
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR
and your telling us this because?.. You want a cookie?
Perhaps as a counterpoint to the recockulous hysteria?

For the record? I've had mine since launch day. Treated it exactly like I've treated my iPhone 1, my 3G, my 3GS my 4, my 4S and my 5 (never got a 5S.) I carry it in the back pocket of my Levi's 501 STFs and even though I'm careful I've probably sat down with it still in my back pocket at least a dozen times. I'm six feet tall and 170 pounds.

It's as straight and flat as the day it came out of the box.

Anecdote? Yep. But so are the sporadic bend reports.

appleii.c

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2013

It's straight.

Bro, they got to you too, huh? Good to know I'm not the only idiot out there who checks his iPhone with a straight edge every couple of days to make sure I'm not the naive fool. And I put it in my front pocket every day. Jeans, khakis, shorts.

Someone needs to start a thread for all the people who have developed OCD thanks to all the #gates.

But hey, at least I'm not measuring my testicles to see if all that radiation the phones give off are making one bigger than the other.

myscrnnm

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2014
Seattle, WA
Thanks for letting us know, and to be honest, the defects are at such a low number, if everyone made a thread saying theirs is fine, there would be a ton, and there's more than there needs to be already.
But we need these kinds of threads to balance out the ones talking about how their iPhones are bent. :p

AustinIllini

macrumors demi-goddess
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
Okay, these phones have been out for almost a month. I'm thinking it's time for all these thread starters to go back to whatever previous life they had.

indychris

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 19, 2010
Fort Wayne, IN
Bro, they got to you too, huh? Good to know I'm not the only idiot out there who checks his iPhone with a straight edge every couple of days to make sure I'm not the naive fool. And I put it in my front pocket every day. Jeans, khakis, shorts.

Someone needs to start a thread for all the people who have developed OCD thanks to all the #gates.

But hey, at least I'm not measuring my testicles to see if all that radiation the phones give off are making one bigger than the other.
I've got a micrometer if you need one.

deviant

macrumors 65816
Oct 27, 2007

You wouldn't believe but we already discussed radiation on this forum. Don't worry, it's not that kind of radiation. You know,the one that would transform your balls to what Stan's dad had.

jlake02

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2008
L.A.
I just bent over to do some work on my car. Like an idiot I forgot my Plus was in my pocket as I basically put my body weight all on it. Was very happy to discover it's still in pristine condition! :)

DSTOFEL

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2011

It's straight.

You're phone is defective...return it immediately to:apple:

The iPhone 6 Plus was designed to conform to your anatomy when placed in your rear pocket. If you're phone is still "unbent" after doing so, it is defective. You must return it immediately to:apple:. Continuing to carry a "straight" phone in your rear pocket could lead to back problems.

Last edited:

andyw715

macrumors 65816
Oct 25, 2013
I don't have a bend but sometimes have a slight twist. Can be easily fixed with a light twist in the opposite direction.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.