It's Getting Deep.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Plutonius, Oct 30, 2016.

1. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

It was reported that a dump truck dumped a truck load of manure on the steps of the DNC headquarters in Ohio in a repeat of the 2012 election. The pile was 15 - 20 feet wide and 3 feet tall.

2. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

It's about time. The DNC has been dumping their crap here at PRSI for too long now.

3. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

trump had too much ex-lax?

4. Plutonius thread starter macrumors 603

Plutonius

In this article it said that many people stopped by the manure cleanup to grab some for their gardens :).

It could be worse like the RNC headquarters that was fire bombed by Hillary supporters.

5. Zenithal Suspended

I bet it smelled awful. That's it.

Whoever did this isn't very bright to think things through before committing a crime like this. Manure is very rich in phosphorous and potassium. Both incredibly vital for growth, general life and nutrient uptake in plants. There's a smaller amount of nitrogen that promotes rapid growth. So in a way, this is encouraging the DNC to grow by sowing the earth with matter that came from the earth. If you wanted to make a statement, you'd dump barrels of nitrogen based fertilizer. That would get you put on a federal list for sure.

6. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

That's the first thing I thought of when I saw the photo. Back up the truck and get me about eight or ten five-gallon buckets' worth for my little veggie garden for next spring... free... cover it up nice out there with some leaves and the last grass clippings... let the snow work on it... add a little lime in early spring and work it all in... wait through the April rains and the last frosts...

Giant tomatoes in August!

7. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Ironic.

8. Zenithal Suspended

I hadn't thought of that. I use manure in the fall and winter because the colder temperature makes the odor less noticeable. I switch to seaweed liquid in the spring and summer. Odor dissipates fast.

9. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

yeah I don't use more manure in the summer, I have compost piles out back with leaves, grass, household scraps like coffee grounds, fruit and veg peels, egg shells etc., take some of the finished stuff through a ratwire screen and put some of that on before rains, it's already odorless by time I use it. LOL if I used manure in the spring and summer I couldn't hang my wash outside...

10. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

So you support violence now?

11. Zenithal Suspended

Wash the egg shells or no? When I grew hot peppers years ago, I used to wash them, dry them and grind them into a powder and mix them at the base of the peppers for BER. Roses love spent coffee grounds. You'll notice big blooms within 3-4 weeks of decomposition. I dig up tiny holes and stuff them in a new coffee filter. I sometimes dry my espresso pucks out and use them as a fire starter during the colder months when I grill over charcoal or smoke over it or a mixture of wood and charcoal. The pucks burn hot and bright. Way easier than using a chimney starter on a windy day.

12. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Eggshells, I rinse and then bust them up and run them through an old spice grinder when they're dry, usually put them with a little finished compost dug in around the base of bush romano beans or broccolis, although i don't know if either of those really need the help, anyway they come out nice here.

I have trouble growing eggplants and peppers here, the mean temp is usually below 55 at night and eggplants especially will sometimes not even set fruit well in that range. But, I have sometimes grown them in a walk-in cold frame. However it's work to keep that clear of assorted blights so generally I use that for starting common annual flowers insteada, and buy peppers from more diligent souls at the farmers' markets. I'll have to try the peppers again though, sometimes I have luck using plastic tents before midsummer. As I get older I keep looking for shortcuts... and peppers aren't about that up here.

13. Zenithal Suspended

Eggplant and peppers are difficult here too. I have had luck with thai peppers, though. Though I don't think those are everyday peppers unless you enjoy them. Maybe we can send them to Bobby.

14. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Heh, if I went to the trouble to grow them I'd not be sending them to anyone... but the idea made me laugh.

15. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

How is this supporting violence?

16. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Well I suppose it's just civil disobedience. But I guess you'd be fine with it targeting republicans.

17. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

I
    like pranks on anyone.

18. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Illegal dumping is violence? So far only one political office has been fire bombed, and it wasn't a Democrat one. The dumping is stupid. The fire bombing was dangerous.

19. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

If food and how it's grown are so precious, pranksters should find something else to use. It makes America look bad. And immature. And wasteful.

Signed,
    an American/human/other designation as created by generations' past