Have lost a lot of faith in Apple
I sold my G4 PowerBook for this
AMD PC

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
hmm...

It's hard to say... Normally, people do get disappointed with Apple at Expo's because of the hype generated... and I think it's a bit silly some of the predictions...

however... the only thing this time is that Apple's joined in on the hype.

I guess we'll see...

arn

reyesg4

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2002
I don't think it will flop....

There are too many mac web writes that will defend the company for it to get too much bad press. My fear is that if this attracts possible big business clients to take a look and nothing is shown that they would want or need, this might backfire on Apple. Same goes for ordinary non Mac consumers. Apple might get the benefit of the doubt if it introduces a ton of new stuff at new prices. A new Powermac, iMac, iBook, iApplication, iHub, and a server. But if they don't go beyond speedbumps then the messege boards will ignite in a blaze of fury!! Even if they come out with cool stuff, who is ready to spend over a thousand dollars/credit on something in January? Even with all I just said, I still don't think I will be angry or disappointed. I am satisfied with whatever they come out with since I can't buy anything until the end of the year.

sparkleytone

macrumors 68020
Oct 28, 2001
Greensboro, NC
its not about hardware scottF, its about software. and windows sucks. at least you didnt totally screw up and went amd. too bad amd chips still dont run OS X. im sorry for you, as you obviously know not what you do or say.

ScottF

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 18, 2001
he he

sparkleytone, I too was once like you..... Dont get me wrong i love Mac's

menoinjun

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2001
i think that the lcd imac will be great, but I have a feeling that we can't possibly know what is up steve's sleeve. No matter what happens, I'll still be behind apple.

-pete

sparkleytone

macrumors 68020
Oct 28, 2001
Greensboro, NC
hehe

ScottF, I too was once like you...don't get me wrong but you obviously dont know much. youd be hardpressed to find anything i cannot do or fix on a PC, yet i choose Mac.