Its gotten stale...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nicknicknickh, Sep 7, 2012.

1. nicknicknickh macrumors regular

So from what I've heard from many and my experience with the Apple iPhones and iPods is that they are getting stale.

Yes you heard me, stale. The os has really changed that much albeit a few small changes, game center, folders, siri, and a few others. Also in ios 6 they are getting rid of a polished Google Maps and replacing it with a not so polished Apple Maps.. Also getting rid of the Youtube app? No thanks.

Also the design has not changed all that much. iPhone 4 same as 4s, and the 5 looks to be a close relative to the 4s.

I'm sure I will get bashed in the comments but I am just expressing my thoughts and feelings.

Also have you seen the new Nokia windows phone? It looks absolutely amazing and is a great change from both IOS and Android.

2. intervenient macrumors 6502a

3. nicknicknickh thread starter macrumors regular

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Then why not buy what you like better like a Nokia since its absolutely amazing?
    Do you need others to agree or disagree with you?

5. saud0488 macrumors 6502

the regulars get very upset here when you don't drink the apple flavored kool aid. Here, apple can and will do no wrong.

that said, I completely agree. I'll order the new iPhone and get it on launch. If it's not better than the 4/4s, which I'm fully aware it may not be, then I have a note and GS3 here on standby. You have to wonder when people will get tired of the same old.

6. M87 macrumors 65816

Oh yeah, Windows phone looks so interesting. Squares AND rectangles on the homescreen! Dozens of apps!

7. intervenient macrumors 6502a

Cute how you think I'm both a) a regular and b) someone who thinks Apple can do no wrong

If I had tapatalk it'd say "Send from my Galaxy Nexus" at the bottom ;)

EDIT: Also, Apple flavored Kool-Aid? Isn't the Kool-Aid thing getting kinda stale? I prefer Fanboy Goggles myself.

8. mikkker007 macrumors member

Although I am an unashamed Apple fanboy, I think Nokia will sell Millions of those Lumia's!! It really is a great looking, Polished device. If MS have finally got their **** sorted with WP8, then it will be a great 3rd choice. I have NO intension's on purchasing another thing else BUT iphone 5.. Just saying it is a nice clean design..........

Now will somebody Please....... bring on the 12th!!!!!

9. nicknicknickh thread starter macrumors regular

I said "Have you seen the New Nokia" so no I did not say I like better. Also why would I say that to have people disagree with me?

It seems that someone in the comments was quite on par when he said that basically many people get hot and bothered if you dont say something good about apple.

I could go on forever but I wont as I enjoy sleeping and its getting late.

10. moosquared macrumors regular

moosquared

If that's how you feel, dump the apple products and choose something else that works for you. If Nokia fits the bill, pick that. :cool:

11. intervenient macrumors 6502a

I really hope they do. I'd love to switch over to WP8, but the App selection and uncertainty surrounding the ecosystem is too much of a risk for me. Hopefully they can reel enough people in with that gorgeous hardware though.

12. nicknicknickh thread starter macrumors regular

I appreciate you saying that you agree that it is a good phone, albeit not your 1st choice but hey, its your choice, not mine, or anyone else's!

13. PDFierro macrumors 68040

Then leave. Apple has always been about evolution. Obviously it's not for you.

14. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Personally I dont care what others think or use or think its "cool".
    So if I like something and works for me I get it.
    You were the one saying you will get bashed or whatever so I was just asking.
    What is the point of your thread? Since you think the iphone or iOS is stale and you see something that interests you more why not switch?

Bingo.
    That's what I was getting at too:D

15. intervenient macrumors 6502a

Except people aren't getting hot and bothered by the lack of good things being said about Apple. People are getting hot and bothered that you decided to make a topic about something that has been said by even some of the most hardcore Apple fanboys since iOS 6 was revealed and the 5 has been revealed. It's beating a dead horse, and would be a topic better posted in the alternatives forum.

And why do you seem to care so much about what other people think of the 920? It's a phone.

16. flyguy206 macrumors 6502a

I don't understand why people come to a apple fan site and cry when apple fans defend apple. Go on a google site and talk about the phone you like or a windows forum. Stop trying to runin the iPhone for people that like it and want it.

17. SlasherDuff macrumors 6502a

SlasherDuff

I am bappy with my apple crap, so there will be no complaints from me :)

18. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

I wouldn't bash you for having a different opinion than me, but I would for posting the same sentiments as dozens of others have over and over and over again. Just like seeing your name at the top of a thread?

19. irDigital0l Guest

20. austinguy23, Sep 7, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2012

austinguy23 macrumors 6502a

Yeah, it is stale. It's still the best OS out there but if all they do is make the screen a tad bit taller and offer LTE (a year late), it's going to make for two straight years of disappointing iPhone updates.

They could make the iPhone exciting again by making an iWatch that wirelessly (BT 4.0) interfaces with the iPhone.

21. JS82712 macrumors 6502a

JS82712

Your argument is getting stale too.

22. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

Just switch to another phone.

Really.

No one on this forum cares.

23. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

:rolleyes:

The op probably got the replies they were after !

The proverbial wooden spoon !

The one thing we have all got is the beauty of choice, so make it and move on.

See you when you come back !

24. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Had to point out that you call one old thing stale and another old thing polished.

Prejudice?

25. AFDoc macrumors 68030

Another cry for attention thread. No one cares what phone you use so get what you want and move on with your life.

Some may feel this way but most don't feel the need to try and validate their decision by coming onto a forum and letting every one know they don't like iOS. It's a sad cry for attention and the only purpose of these types of threads is to start confrontations. He could of simply added his cry for attention to the 100 other cry for attention threads here on MR.