It's In The Eyes

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by maxsix, Sep 22, 2016.

1. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

It does appear it's in her eyes:

"Hillary Clinton exhibited abnormal eye movements during her recent speech in Philadelphia and they were not photoshopped.
    Her eyes did not always move in the same direction at the same time. It appears that she has a problem with her left sixth cranial nerve.

That nerve serves only one function and that is to make the lateral rectum muscle contract. That muscle turns the eye in the direction away from the midline.

It comes out of the base of the brain and runs along the floor of the skull, immediately beneath the brain before coursing upward to the eye. Dysfunction of that muscle causes the striking picture of the eyes not aiming in the same direction and causes the patient to suffer double vision."

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-bl...clintons-eyes-a-window-into-her-health-issues

2. A.Goldberg macrumors 68020

A.Goldberg

The condition is known as strabismus, which is poor muscle control of the eyes.

It can exist as a neurological condition, for instance due to trauma as mentioned. One can also be genetically predisposed, or the result of uncorrected vision. The condition is worse if one is tired or has eye strain.

Now assuming there are no video anomolies or editing done, and even if your hypothesis of neurological damage were true resulting in the permanent effect of strabismus, it does not necessarily imply they are cognitively impaired.

There many are people who suffer traumatic and permanent neurological damage, such as poor coordination, sensory dysfunction, or muscle paralysis, yet still function just as before. Conversely there are people who are subject to similar problem with no motor or sensory impact, yet suffer grave cognitive deficits.

I'll have to catch up on my physiology but if her left 6th crianial nerve is affected and that indeed only innervates said eye muscle movement,one cannot sufficiently conclude widesweeing neurological malfunctions.

I'm not sure what evidence supports Clinton's cognitive issues, I'm certainly not aware of any issues. She can speak, she has no clearly noticable functional impairments, she can respond to questions

3. Robisan macrumors 6502

4. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

5. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

6. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I've seen your threads and posts. I can not agree with that.

7. samcraig macrumors P6

8. maxsix thread starter Suspended

maxsix

Having lost the election...
    --- Post Merged, Sep 24, 2016 ---

9. Limey77 macrumors regular

I do so love the sound of desperately grabbing at straws, it's always good for a chuckle.

10. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I don't want Syracuse.

11. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Down with the ACC. Every one of them.