It's just an election not a sport event calm down

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by frankgrimes, Nov 8, 2016.

1. frankgrimes macrumors 6502a

frankgrimes

Honestly guys and gals,

this is just an election and the two parties will have to work together at some point in the future, if they really want to get something done for this country. But man the reporting stuff has gone out of hand even my country (Austria thousands of miles away from the US), has reported about the election, America is having pre and post presser panels...I mean this isn't an event it's an election..there shouldn't be so much (media) circus and more real answers.

2. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

3. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

Politics is the oldest sport in the world.

4. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Oddly enough prostitution came about in the same conversation.

5. Meister Suspended

Meister

Remember: You pay them to leave.

6. frankgrimes thread starter macrumors 6502a

frankgrimes

this wasn't directed at anyone just my observation from reading about that stuff. Somehow it even overshadowed hockey and football although people watch them to get away from real life stuff

7. Tech198 macrumors G4

true ...... but if we all feel strongly for something, doesn't everything really "feels like a sport" ? really?

8. DearthnVader macrumors 6502

DearthnVader

You're kidding, right.

Didn't you ever notice we hold our Presidential elections the same year, every four years, as the Olympics?

Bread and circus.

9. haxrnick macrumors 6502a

haxrnick

There is a "yay sports" crowd here, predominantly on the left, that laugh and mock people who enjoy watching/participating in sports/activities. For those of us who grew up playing sports and dealt with losing, unfortunately at times, it's extremely comical to see them losing it last night and today. In sports, you learn to deal with loss and how to overcome it. You don't place blame on anyone but yourselves.

Yet here we are with the more finger pointing and more name calling in an attempt to not accept reality. I would venture to bet that the "uneducated white guys" that are being mocked probably make more and are happier in life than the people mocking. The light shining on the participation trophy crowd isn't a good one.

10. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

Recent history hasn't shown much willingness to "work together" when it comes to congress or American politics in general... and as far as I know an election in a G8 nation with a large nuclear arsenal has more impact then any sporting event I know of (as much as I like the NHL playoffs). As for the Circus part, yeah it's getting worse, we should hold our media to a much higher standard than they've been keeping recently... but apparently that's what the mob wants.