It's like Verizon doesn't want us to have the HTC Droid Incredible!

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by celticpride678, May 29, 2010.

1. celticpride678

2. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

First university coding class = 47 years ago
    Yeah, darn all these companies making hot items !

My new iPad shipment is delayed due to shortages as well !!

Apple must not want us to have one.

3. QCassidy352 macrumors G4

QCassidy352

I think I heard there was a production problem with the screen, so supply is short.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3GS: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; Nexus One Build/EPE54B) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

They do have winner on their hands. Those droids are selling like hotcakes. They can't keep then on the shelves

BTW it's not like apple never incurred parts shortage

5. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

First university coding class = 47 years ago
    Apparently the Incredible AMOLED panels are actually made by a small company called Clairvoyante, which Samsung bought a couple of years ago, and they simply can't keep up with demand.

Reportedly a main reason that Apple is staying with an LCD screen for the next iPhone, is because there isn't enough super AMOLED manufacturing capacity in the world right now.

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I think this is probably a good idea. Performance outside is a bit subpar with the AMOLED screen. Useable, but no where as bright as my old iPhone was.

Cost per unit, is probably another deciding factor since the laws of supply and demand will dictate the cost of the display panels. More manufacturers will drive down the cost of the amoled panels