It's Not Just Republicans When It Comes To The Sexism Charge.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Plutonius, Nov 21, 2016.

1. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

The democrats are leveling the sexism charge at the democrat attempting to get Pelosi's house minority leader position. They are claiming that he is sexist because he is attempting to unseat a woman.

Doe anyone else here think that the racist / sexism accusation is being overused ?

It doesn't matter if it's a woman or a man but I think the democrats need to make a change.

Do you think the democrat party should stick with Pelosi or go with someone new ?

2. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

I think Pelosi needs to be dumped, now. It has nothing to do with her being a woman, and everything with her being the type of Democrat we've put up with for far too long (corporatist, paying lip service to the public with (needed) social policies to placate the public while the corporate class continues to destroy the country from the inside).

3. Plutonius thread starter macrumors 603

Plutonius

I would agree. There are career politicians on both sides of the aisle who should retire.

What do you think of the sexism charge against the person who wants to be minority leader (calling him a sexist because he wants to unseat Pelosi) ?

4. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

I think the PR shills are just that, using the simplest terms to spread a message by any means their paymasters deem necessary. Pelosi is a corporatist. This is the message they deemed lowest-common-demonitator enough to use.

I'm not going to get upset about it because I understand how that industry works. I will be upset, however, if it actually ****ing works.

5. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

It's ridiculous. Almost as ridiculous as the Dems re-electing Pelosi Minority Leader.

6. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Look at the quote from your source ...
    This looks to me to be as much about one's accomplishments, as one's sex. But even if we accept your interpretation, then you're still vastly over-reaching by saying, "The democrats are leveling," instead of "A democrat is labelling."

When you broad brush tens of millions of people over the opinion of one, you're doing a disservice to logic and your argument.

7. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Maybe he feels he is more qualified.

8. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

@citizenzen I agree with you that it's unfair to treat them as a singularity, but as far as qualifications, a potentially outgoing house leader would generally have a longer resume than their challenger. You are likely to hear charges of sexism anytime a woman is challenged in a field that contains more men than women. You might even hear the same thing with a female challenger.

9. citizenzen macrumors 65816

That is a fair point.

10. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

LOL. Eating their own now.

11. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

This is why the Democratic Party needs an enema. This same attitude is what they used to coronate Clinton and that's what lost them the election.

How long will it take them to learn?

12. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

It's amazing how far both parties have fallen. Each caving to the lowest denominator candidate.

13. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

Thanks. I'm not going to suggest that things like sexism and racism don't exist. It's just that they're not always a deciding factor. I think you would see the same thing happen right now if a guy occupied Pelosi's current position. Challengers are likely to appear when an incumbent appears weak.