It's Not Racist To Love Your People

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Huntn, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Huntn, Jan 6, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2015

Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

2. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    It wouldn't be quite so bad if the phrase "white pride" didn't have, you know, connotations...

Plus the whole "your people" thing, but I'm gonna save that for later in the conversation.

3. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I'd say that it's not rational to think of "your people" based solely on the color of their skin.

4. Meister Suspended

Meister

5. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

6. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

"Love your people"? And the girl is holding a puppy? Just what exactly is that supposed to mean?

7. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

The puppy is there to make the people on the billboard more appealing to other people, I guess.

8. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

When it's harmless **** like that, it may be best to leave the idiots alone. It's kind of funny. They used a girl with a puppy for their emotional ploy.

9. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

The whole thing is all kinds of pathetic even beyond what you see on the surface. It's like they're saying "Hey, we're racists, sure. But in a very family friendly, politically correct, not racist sorta way. Pay attention to us and don't sue please".

It doesn't know which direction to pander in.

10. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

I do love my people. All 7 billion of them of whatever shape, size, capability, or colour. Even racists who clearly have their heads stuck up their ....

11. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

I'm sure Hitler also loved his people but it was his hatred of other ethnic groups that made him a racist.

No matter how you try to spin it, politically correct racism is still racism. It might be good from an optics perspective to only speak out publicly for what you are for while denying what you are truly against but it is completely disingenuous. Ignorance and racism go hand in hand and only a fool would buy into this nonsense.

12. sim667 macrumors 65816

Its heavily suspected that Hitler (and Eva Braun) had jewish roots, with DNA tests to back that up, so he clearly didn't love his own people that much.

He wasn't even German, or Aryan :D

13. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

True, and Stalin wasn't Russian, nor was Catherine the Great.

14. sim667 macrumors 65816

Stalin was Georgian wasn't he? Which would have been part of the Russian empire.

Wasn't Catherine the Great Prussian, iirc she was invited to Russia and then took the throne via a coup....... Im not brilliant with Russian history though so could be wrong.

15. Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

Unless the KKK has undergone a complete internal rework of their motivations, this is just a recruitment ploy to attract non-racists membership dues. ;)

16. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

Yes, I've heard similar stories and that actually reinforces my original point about ignorance and racism going hand in hand. Hitler was ignorant enough to delude himself into believing he was of German decent.

It takes an extreme amount of ignorance to blame your misfortunes in life on an entire race or ethnic group. Greed and corruption, to which all men and women are susceptible, is colorblind. There are good and bad people within all racial and ethnic groups but to come to the conclusion that you must exterminate an entire race is absolutely insanity.

17. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I think we should buy billboards in their name, put up cartoon depictions of Mohammed and let the chips fall where they may. :eek:

18. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

No, but unfortunately that's how people have been conditioned for centuries if not millennia.

19. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

he was like closet gays. they are the biggest gay haters out there.

20. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

That actually sounds plausible.

21. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

Is there a good still from that one scene in O, Brother, Where Art Thou? where it could be made to look like the Prophet (MPBUH) was the "guest of honor" at a gathering?

22. DonJudgeMe macrumors regular

Awww, how sweet. I love puppies! Where do I sign up?!

23. sim667 macrumors 65816

Hitler was all about the mummy issues.

And a rejected artist :D

24. vrDrew macrumors 65816

I think its something else.

The words "racist" or "racism" have become so toxic that anyone accused or associated with them is automatically and irrevocably damaged. This billboard is an attempt to disassociate an essentially racist behavior (ie. the promotion of one racial group over others) with the words most accurate in describing it.

From a logical and etymological standpoint it makes about as much sense as saying "Its not murder to kill another person."

Maybe it makes some racists feel better about themselves. But if so, then they aren't fooling anyone else.

25. D.T. macrumors 604

D.T.

[​IMG]