Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

agreenster

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 6, 2001
We have all gone Stark Raving Mad!!!!!!

We are so hyped up about this MWSF, that I think we are going blow up MacRumor's server!! I actually read a post eariler that someone predicted a wristwatch for MWSF! Are you kidding me? Yikes people. Simmer it down.

At BEST we will see a few processor upgrades and the iMac. Maybe a few software upgrades, and thats IT! All of this hype is about the new iMac people. The iMac. A HUGE letdown is coming if we keep this up! I know its fun, and a total geek-fest, but c'mon. Think realistically.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001

The server is getting hit hard...

Hopefully, I can smooth things out a little....

arn

Falleron

macrumors 68000
Nov 22, 2001
UK
What about limiting the number of guests so that registered members are assured access? Just an idea.

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2002
we must chill . . .

hey dudes . . .

we are going to lose our sh*t by monday . . . this is the first i have been able to get on all day . . .

enjoy.

dantec

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2001
California
Now the recent comments have just been disabled...

Man this server is sure getting cyber beat up!!!

Wonder how many hits it has... and how many mb's it's pushed out so far?

spuncan

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2001
Detroit
no recent comments

the admins took down recent comments on the front page. and were did all these newbies come from i mean its cool that theres this many mac posters cuz I remeber searching Windowze rumor sites (no were as many) and there were so few people posting compared to this. And last whats with 5% market share if you based it on people who actuaslly care about the computer Apple would have the 95%. rthis is sweet but i hope we dont lose all are accounts.

dantec

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2001
California
Just think...

This poor cyber beat up server must be pushing out at least 500 e-mails a sec! with all this mad posting going on! I am getting at least 1 or 2 e-mails every 15 secs from this site!

rekras

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2001
NJ
Originally posted by agreenster
We have all gone Stark Raving Mad!!!!!!

We are so hyped up about this MWSF, that I think we are going blow up MacRumor's server!! I actually read a post eariler that someone predicted a wristwatch for MWSF! Are you kidding me? Yikes people. Simmer it down.

At BEST we will see a few processor upgrades and the iMac. Maybe a few software upgrades, and thats IT! All of this hype is about the new iMac people. The iMac. A HUGE letdown is coming if we keep this up! I know its fun, and a total geek-fest, but c'mon. Think realistically.

I know stupid geek humor products like icar and imoof arnt gonna come out (id probobbly be embarassed if they did) but there better not be a let down, not with all of apple's self produced hype.

as excited as i am about monday alot of the rumors are getting annoying

69 posts, heh does the mean im at the puberty macrumors status?

[Edited by rekras on 01-04-2002 at 06:52 PM]

evildead

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2001
WestCost, USA
I had problems getting in

I had problems getting in a few times today. I also knodiced that there were a ton of registered users online. I have never seen that many memebers one at one time. I guess we are all exited. Ive bee busy this week at work.. so I havent been arround as much as I normaly am.

networkman

macrumors regular
Jan 1, 2002
california, usa
re: letdown?

if the new lcd imac is cool, assuming it really comes out in a few days, won't be a letdown for me

i love my ibook and even at 300 mhz running os 9, i don't find it slow for my purposes, but i found i don't like to take my computing with me so the thing actually always stays home with us

...so i could actually envision my next mac being a desktop like an lcd imac with an extremely small footprint which would be perfect for my purposes which doesn't require a more expensive mobile laptop

has anybody else owned a laptop only to use it exclusively at home?

evildead

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2001
WestCost, USA
Re: re: letdown?

Originally posted by networkman
if the new lcd imac is cool, assuming it really comes out in a few days, won't be a letdown for me

i love my ibook and even at 300 mhz running os 9, i don't find it slow for my purposes, but i found i don't like to take my computing with me so the thing actually always stays home with us

...so i could actually envision my next mac being a desktop like an lcd imac with an extremely small footprint which would be perfect for my purposes which doesn't require a more expensive mobile laptop

has anybody else owned a laptop only to use it exclusively at home?

I dont but all my friends that have protables use them as a desktop.. some of them even run servers one them! They leave them on all the time and they get really hot. Thats why I went for a tower... It would be cool to bring my Mac with me... but I woulnd use it enuph to justify a $1200 to $3500 investment. Maybe when I start making a little more money.

networkman

macrumors regular
Jan 1, 2002
california, usa
thanks, evildead

i suspected that a lot of macusers have portables as desktop replacements

when you only own a desktop, it is so easy to picture yourself with a laptop at all times, but in reality, one has to watch out so it won't be stolen or have coffee or soda spilled on it

that means, don't drink, go to the bathrooom with laptop bag in hand, keep the laptop bag covered while unattended in a car, and carry that darn thing around and kill your shoulder because the laptop comes with an adapter and one always adds junk to their laptop bag anyways even if it's magazines, textbooks, and m and m's which just adds to the weight of a laptop bag which makes the overall experience very hard on the shoulders

as for leaving the laptop on all the time, it does get hot and it is safer to keep a desktop on all the time instead of a laptop

evildead

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2001
WestCost, USA
RE: networkman

Funny you sould mention spilling on your protable. I have a buddy that just got an iPod. He covered the whole thing with some kind of clear skicky plasic. I think its ment for book covers and stuff like that. He doenst want to mess it up. I wouldnt want to be like that with a protable computer. I would probably end up getting a Dell just so when I put a giant ding or scratch in it, I wouldnt care. Then again... I wouldnt want to bee seen in public with a Windows machine. Someone might mistake me for that kid from the comershals.... Dude... your getting a Dell...

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
I like networkman :)

U always seem to have the right idea about things here. I completely agree with u on the laptop issue. My TiBook is my first portable, and I relate to everything u mentioned above. I literally baby this thing so much, it's pathetic! And yes, I did get this thing to replace my Starmax tower...very nice upgrade as far as I'm concerned! :D

Now I'm just waiting to get my hands on a new tower, not because I need it....because I'm a junkie!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.