It's smart to mind your own business on foreign soil.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by LIVEFRMNYC, Nov 5, 2017.

1. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

American charged with subversion in Zimbabwe goes to court

Talking ish' on Twitter about the president doesn't fly in Zimbabwe.

She's probably absolutely right about the president of Zimbabwe. But Westerners need to relax when the are in third world and/or authoritarian countries.

2. Solomani macrumors 68040

Solomani

She's not very bright for traveling to Zimbabwe to begin with.

If she ever got out of Zimbabwe prison, what will she plan next? A Tinder date with Kim Jong Un?

3. statik13 macrumors regular

statik13

It's a beautiful country with some of the most amazing scenery and the absolute best white water rafting I've ever done. Plenty of bright people visit there every year and come back home safe and sound.

Travelling anywhere you need to be aware of the political climate. Sounds like she was plenty aware of the political climate but went out of her way to upset it anyways.

4. HDFan macrumors 65816

An ultra-light flight over Victoria Falls, flying over a herd of elephants crossing a river, staying at a lodge overlooking a water hole are well worth the cost of keeping things to yourself. Lifetime memories.

5. Naaaaak macrumors 6502

All the more reason to protect our right to free speech from the authoritarian nutjobs (read: snowflake college millennial types) who would end it by saying anything that offends them is "hate speech".

Is the United States the only country left that has free speech as a cornerstone of its constitution?

6. Zenithal macrumors G3

Oldest millennials are now 38. The biggest snowflake is POTUS, IMO. He bitches anytime someone criticizes him. Wah, wah, where's my KFC. The pansy.

Also, study up on your rights. The right to free speech protects you from government. That's it. It doesn't protect you from your employer from firing you for inappropriate speech and it certainly doesn't protect individuals from being slagged in the press as we've seen by Charlottesville white supremacists losing their job and their names run in the press.

And, for the record, what you accuse of others is something you're doing now by letting their actions get to you. But, sure, let them live rent free in your head. Their words. Their actions. Constantly making you upset. :)
    --- Post Merged, Nov 5, 2017 ---
    Lucky! I've always wanted to travel Malawi and Mozambique. Absolutely stunning.

7. Mousse macrumors 68020

Mousse

A self proclaimed "media activist" whatever that is.:rolleyes: I guess it means a loudmouth with a twitter account.:p Idiot should know her 1st amendment right only exist with the US borders. Sitting smack in the middle of Tejas (Texas), I can call the president of Zimbabwe a walking dead without fear of repercussions.

8. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

A wise man once told me to “stay the **** home”. I didn’t need to be told that, but they are wise words nonetheless.