It's that time of the year again! (That we all look forward to haha) Questions.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by -Reaper-, Sep 5, 2013.

1. -Reaper- macrumors member

Alright as we all know Apple has already confirmed they will be having something go on Sept 10th. We all know this is going to be the new iPhone and whatever else they will come out with.

So thought I would make this thread to ask a couple questions.

Currently I have a Verizon iPhone 5 32gb running iOS 6.1.2 and is jailbroken.

1st: I've been looking around ebay and craigslist and I'm not sure which would be the best place to sell it.

2nd: Do you guys think I would be able to get more money for it since it can be jailbroken still to whoever buys it? Also the phone is flawless. Been in the case.

3rd: Is gazelle or any other sites even worth it since you can get more else where?

4th: If I sell the phone am I able to sell it without my nano sim card in it and just say does not include sim card and will I be able to put the sim card in my new iphone or? Not really sure how this part goes.

5th: Last year I got stuck on about a month waiting list for the iPhone 5 and was wondering when they first announce that you can pre-order them should I head on over to Verizon quick the first day or wait till the day after? Also that new verizon edge plan? I'm currently in a share able data plan with my family but will this apply to me still to be able to get a new phone anytime I want like this?

Basically any money I get from this phone will be going to new iPhone that will be coming out. Let me add in also this was my 2nd iPhone 5 from the apple store and still works fine and dandy which I just thought I would add this bit in but shouldn't matter.

These are just a couple questions I thought I would ask so if any of you could answer any of these questions that would be awesome and very much appreciated! :)

Hope everybody is doing well. Thanks!

2. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

1. eBay and Craigslist both provide good options, but obviously take precautions. Only accept PayPal on eBay - that should have you covered on the off-chance you get scammed. If selling on Craigslist, meet in a public place, and possibly take a friend along as well. Many people suggest an Apple Store so they can check the phone, a Starbucks, or a bank so you can see the money go straight into your account.

2. Depends on the buyer - many won't care, however some may. Don't expect it to increase the value by that much.

3. Gazelle and similar are much easier, however you may get $100ish less than if you waited and sold on eBay/Craigslist.

4. You should definitely sell it without your SIM! The buyer won't expect it to include one. However, do say if it's locked to a certain carrier. Pop it into your new phone when you get it.

5. Not really sure about the exact situation here, but I'd preorder from Apple. Last year they sold out within hours, so expect the situation to be the same again. Some people have more success with the Apple Store app on their phone/iPad. Leaving it to the next day will almost certainly mean you won't get it at launch.

Good luck :)

3. -Reaper- thread starter macrumors member

Thank you very much for the help! :)

4. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

No problem :)